SDR Sharp FM Broadcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4yek

Hi,
I was looking around the FM Broadcast band and noticed something odd with one of the signals.
The attached photo shows what I am interested in and am wanting to know if anyone would know what they were.
I have adjusted the gain of the RTU down and it still shows up with the main signal.
I don't think this is overload because I have other stations much closer to me that don't have these side markers.
Even if I reduce the bandwidth on WFM and move over to them, there is nothing heard. They are exactly 160 kHz above and below the center of the 102.1 MHz carrier.
Anyone with a thought???
Thanks

Attachments

• What AreThese.jpg
    What AreThese.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 704
Last edited:

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
My guess would be HD Radio Signals.

If you have a HD radio you can check for yourself.

I see the same thing on my Elad and Perseus receivers.

SCPD

QRT
I've wondered the same. I have no idea, but guessed it was a "bad" signal or some sort of "sub-carrier", perhaps data.

I just fired up SDRConsole and they don't show up in that app as they do in SDR#. So now I figure it's in the app...

Hmmm.... went back to SDRsharp and I don't see it there now either. Well that's weird. That puzzles me as I used to see the same sidebars you do, but now I don't. I've tried a few different settings to see if I can trigger it to appear, but nada. (attached screenshots of each on 103.3FM)

If I get any clues, I'll come back with them. Thanks for the question, I love a good mystery!

de frank k2ncc in Oregon

Attachments

• fmsdrconsole.jpg
    fmsdrconsole.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 605
  • fmsdrsharp.jpg
    fmsdrsharp.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 581

SCPD

QRT
okay, now I see them... the Ham-It-Up converter was enabled and I guess filtered that out...

Well, this mystery thread didn't last long! 8)

Attachments

• hdcapturesdrsharp.PNG
    hdcapturesdrsharp.PNG
    53.2 KB · Views: 544

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
If you go to this site

Find Stations | HD Radio

you can search for HD radio stations and there formats.

It looks like they have the HD signal but are not using it for other programing at this time.

You can change your search location in the upper right hand corner of the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.