SDR SHARP Install....THE WORKS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KA2ZEY

Hi,

Just wondering if there is an SDR # install script that has every possible plugin already to go? Or does it still
Have to be pieced together? (Trunker, CTCSS, scanner, adbs, meter, etc)?

N0IU

I am not sure you will see this happen (but I could be wrong!) because the base program does not necessarily change all that often, but plugins are added all the time. And besides, the plugins are not necessarily written by the author of the base program. And furthermore, not everyone will need/want all of the plugins that are available. I like being able to "cherry pick" the ones I want.

KA2ZEY

Yeah I saw that list. Seems like the Unitrunker Plug is not working now with the newest version of SDR Sharp, I get an error when I start up SDR Sharp. I have everything configured right in the SDRSharp config file, etc.

br0adband

It's well known and covered rather extensively at the SDR# Yahoo group at this point which plugins do and don't work with the latest dev build - the obvious solution is to roll back to the previous build if you have it and keep using it till the issues are resolved.

This is one reason I keep several copies of SDR# around, each one in its own unique folder, never touching different versions, because of such possible occurrences happening (new build release, plugins or whatever get borked, gotta wait for them to be updated hopefully, etc).

Just something to consider I suppose... as for their every being an "all install in one" type script operation I can't see the usefulness of such a thing because not every plugin will be of use to every single user, and with the somewhat sparse "real estate" on the left side of SDR# being rather valuable as it is, having every plugin over there would mean a lot of extra adjustments (opening/closing panels to make room/make visible other panels, etc)

n4yek

This is one reason I keep several copies of SDR# around, each one in its own unique folder, never touching different versions, because of such possible occurrences happening (new build release, plugins or whatever get borked, gotta wait for them to be updated hopefully, etc).
Is there a place that has all of the builds? I can only find 2 - The Stable and the Nightly Release on the site (or am i over looking it somewhere on that page) :)

tylerwatt12

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if it would be worth it to make a site that allows you to check what kind of plugins you want in your build, and it gives you a .bat file where everything gets downloaded and installed automatically. kind of like ninite.com

n4yek

Status
Not open for further replies.