SDR# SDR# Sharp No Device Selected Device Drop-Down Greyed Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

Analog already is interoperable.
I've got 2 RTL-SDR dongles working fine with other softwares on Windows 10. Just downloaded the latest SDR# and there's a drop-down that's greyed out to where I can't select the device. Would anyone here happen to know a solution? Thanks.

1616882713892.png

1616882922431.png

Attachments

• 1616882740873.png
    1616882740873.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 15

DS506

Premium Subscriber
Did you try shutting down the other programs using the dongle(s)? For the first time a couple weeks ago I had downloaded another app and realized I could not have both trying to use the same dongle. I have yet to try a second dongle.

CanesFan95

Say, on a side note. Why do we now have an Airspy commercial inside SDR#? I had an older version, and there was no nothing with anything with any AirSpy logos. I can't stand corporate advertising and wish we can get rid of that obnoxious AirSpy ad.

CanesFan95

How do you make it remember you slider settings and startup frequency? Everytime you re-start the software it keeps going back to the original defaults.

CanesFan95

I also can't figure how to make the plugins on the left have those little collapsible arrow triangle buttons.

a417

Say, on a side note. Why do we now have an Airspy commercial inside SDR#? I had an older version, and there was no nothing with anything with any AirSpy logos. I can't stand corporate advertising and wish we can get rid of that obnoxious AirSpy ad.
...you have a problem with the people who maintain the program you are using...putting what they want in a program they maintain?

use another software suite.

icemantim8

Premium Subscriber
W2LIE Phil (Scanner School) who is an active member on here has an excellent "FREE" SDR course detailing a lot of what you are asking. He also has an advanced course available soon. Do a Google search for Scanner School and get in touch with Phil or click this link:

To answer your SDR# comment about AirSpy advertisements.....They are the peeps that developed the SDR# and SDRplus software.......so they have every right to advertise on their own FREE software :)

CanesFan95

Well, this software is buggy and crashes if you hit the stop button and then hit start again. And what ever happened to the left pane having the triangle buttons to expand and hide the plugins? And it doesn't remember your slider settings.

I had an older version a few yeasr ago that was way better than this. Fortunately, there's a site with previous versions and I'll definitely be rolling back.

Index of /software/SDRSharp

DS506

Premium Subscriber
I have had the same experience with v1800.. Happy I saved it to a different location than v1700 cause I can still use the older version.

icemantim8

Premium Subscriber
The whole point was that if you want to use someone's FREE software, then you are subject to any advertising they may want to insert. We are so consumer driven that we complain about things even when they are FREE. Nuff said.

CanesFan95

The Frequency Scanner plugin has these red and yellow up/down arrows. Anyone know what these are for?

CanesFan95

Thanks. I'm also noticing the CTCSS Decoder plugin works good, but the DCS Decoder is more confusing. It gives you a list of numbers with + and - signs and not sure which one is the actual DCS code.

1617033122547.png

Status
Not open for further replies.