SDR# SDR SHARP V 1.0.0.170 @ Frequency Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I have installed Frequency Scanner Into SDR SHARP and can not get it to scan properly, What do I put into the box's to get it to scan the Aircraft Band 108-136 MHz ?? and other bands ??
Steve

Attachments

• sdr.jpg
    sdr.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 76

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Here is what I scan, adjust for the freq ranges you want to scan -

View attachment 69408
Can't thank you enough for your help, I have it scanning but it seems not to want to stop and stay on frequencies that are busy. Also my copy of frequency scanner seems to be different from another one I sawair.JPG don't know if I downloaded the most up to date version. It does scan very quickly but won't stop most of the time and stay on frequency. ???
Steve

BM82557

You might have to try different squelch settings in SDRSharp, the previous post I made has the squelch settings I use for different bands shown as SQ in the NAME field, here is the scanner configuration that works well at my location -

Screenshot - 3_9_2019 , 16_41_03.png

Saint

Premium Subscriber
You might have to try different squelch settings in SDRSharp, the previous post I made has the squelch settings I use for different bands shown as SQ in the NAME field, here is the scanner configuration that works well at my location -

View attachment 69410
Yea I think I downloaded the wrong version of Frequency Scanner , This is my Configuration Window.

Attachments

• config.JPG
    config.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 65

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Am bandwidth should be 10,000.

Why is fed 10,000? It should be 12.500.

Thanks Mancow I made the changes and still the scanner won't stop and stay on a frequency How do you set the red and yellow lines I tried every way and it has not helped I have my squelch set to squelch the noise but still can't get it to scan properly

If you look at BM82557 CONFIGURE SCANNER window in #4 post and my configure scanner window in post #5 they are different windows is it because I have downloaded the wrong version of frequency scanner.

Steve

mancow

Database Admin
I set the red line just a bit above the point the signal hunting starts. I set the yellow line just a bit lower than the red.

BM82557

I think you must have an older version, this is what mine looks like -

Screenshot - 3_9_2019 , 19_25_43.png

Attachments

• Screenshot - 3_9_2019 , 19_21_26.png
    Screenshot - 3_9_2019 , 19_21_26.png
    175.8 KB · Views: 31

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I am watching this thread because I have been dabbling with SDR# for a while now. I also downloaded the Scanner and cannot get it to work. What is the correct link to the latest version of the SDR# Scanner?

questnz

Check here for Frequency scanner, scroll down to plug ins SDR# v 1572 (Russian) then get Frequency Scanner
RTL-SDR по-русски

Unpack, copy xxxx.dll into SDRsharp directory and edit, copy and paste magic line into scanner plugins.xml file also in SDRsharp directory
From there follow other thread to fine tune your setup, it work. In my case i used Net 4.6 directory

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
screenshot-3_9_2019-16_41_03-png.69410
Yea I think I downloaded the wrong version of Frequency Scanner , This is my Configuration Window.
I think you must have an older version, this is what mine looks like -

I just went and downloaded the one in the pic in the screenshot. I like that one. The one I have is external and will not fit in sdr like the one you guys have. And in my config, it does not list any option for placement.

Tried on 1668 and 1700. SMH

This is the correct dl link?

http://rtl-sdr.ru/uploads/download/scanner-airspylib.zip

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SDRSharp.FrequencyScanner.FrequencyScannerPanel.TestDisplayTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Ok fresh download of sdr and it works. Seems you can not install this version of scanner over the older version. That kinda sucks.

So now I have the new,
new scan.JPG

and the one I have been using. The scanner on this one was a pop out window.

old scan.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.