SDR stream to Broadcastify

Status
Not open for further replies.

prolistener

I’m looking at getting a SDR to replace my scanner feed to Broadcastify. I have a few questions:

1) can I just “plug and play”? -if I plug it in will RadioFeed or other software that provides feed to Broadcastify recognize it?

2) playing off the question above, if not what do I need to do to use it as a Broadcastify feed?

hhca

1. pretty much, you may have to install zdiag winusb drivers this gets the device active.
2. then its just a matter of what software/features you want to scan. a setup i ran for a while is sdr# application to tune the transmission, that goes through vb cable software, that goes into the software broadcastify provide.
The most recent way im doing which is more all in one, is using sdrtrunk application, it can tune and stream in one app, as well as support p25 and trunking and mutiple dongles if you go that way.

radioopperator

Feed Provider
I am using a single RTL and DSD to feed a second computer that has Broadcastify on it. I have not had time to figure out the audio porting out on the same machine yet. The key is use a computer with some horse power my DSD computer is a $125 mini fan less with limited resources and it gets glitchy at times going digital. The windows 7 tower computer is a cleaner feed. I was going to see if I need VB Cable to port the audio or not so its all done on one box?

hhca

Yes, VB let's you say direct the output from one application to the input of another.

radioopperator

Feed Provider
Any one running a PI 3 or 4 on a busy P25 simulcast? And if so dose the PI have enough horse power or is it digitally audio a lot?

boatbod

Any one running a PI 3 or 4 on a busy P25 simulcast? And if so dose the PI have enough horse power or is it digitally audio a lot?
Yes, a pi3 can host a single P25 Ph2 receiver and stream. You have to tweak the settings a bit (particularly SDR sample size) but it works well with op25 + liquidsoap.

nermel

I'm using a pi2 for one feed of a p25 p1 system. Another pi2 I've used to decode a new p25 phase 2 simulcast system that is being tested, under 50% CPU usage.

boatbod

pi2 I've used to decode a new p25 phase 2 simulcast system that is being tested, under 50% CPU usage.

Under 50% cpu when voice is actively being decoded, or when idling on the control channel? I would be *very* surprised if you have that low a utilization while decoding voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.