SDR Trunk .0.2.0 / 0.3.0 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I listen to a mot type 2 system that has 14 digital talk groups. I use sdrtrunk for the digital part of this system as it works great since the digital only takes place on 4 freqs.

A radio id of 26011 shows as 01A0 in the program when that radio transmits. What is the math to convert 01A0 to 26011? I have most of the Rid's logged as to what agency/department they belong to I want to assign the alias to each radio to know who is who.

Thanks

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Sounds like you're seeing the Talkgroup ID, not the Subscriber ID.

1A0 HEX = 416 DEC

For a Type II system, multiply 416 by 16 to get TGID 6656

Does that match up with what you're listening to?

rcummings14

So i am probably gonna sound like a dumba$$. I tried to set up sdrtrunk 3.0. I have 2 sdr dongles. i am missing a lot of calls because i think that on of the dongles is not set to the correct ppm. i have noticed in v3.0 that you can only set the ppm for one dongle. is there a way i can set the ppm separately for each dongle. or does it not matter?

BM82557

Under Tuners click on each to set the PPM -

Attachments

• Screenshot - 6_20_2017 , 17_55_46.jpg
    Screenshot - 6_20_2017 , 17_55_46.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:

rcummings14

so i tried to what you showed in you screen capture. it will let me click on on dongle to adjust the ppm, but when i click on the other tuners it will not let me make any adjustments

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Each tuner can have one or more named tuner configurations that remember the PPM, last tuned frequency, gains, etc. The tuner configurations are identified by the tuner type and the tuner's serial number. When you select a tuner in the top window, a list of available tuner configurations appear in the bottom window. This allows you to create several configurations per tuner with different gain settings suited to each situation. Only one tuner configuration can be designated as the default configuration and that's the one that's selected on startup, and/or applied to the currently selected tuner.

As you discovered, if each tuner doesn't have a unique serial number, the application can't identify the correct tuner configuration to use and it will end up using the same default configuration across several tuners.

Denny

Status
Not open for further replies.