SDR Trunk and single VHF P25 Phase 1 channel

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have info on how to setup SDR Trunk to listen to a single VHF P25 department? I have 2 SDR's. I selected P25 Phase 1, entered a system, site and a name. I have it set to C4FM. Entered the frequency, saved and hit play. My digital scanner is picking up, but SDR Trunk is not.

Can you set up multiple departments if they have different frequencies? If the NAC is needed how is entered because it only shows up under P25 Phase 2.

Thanks!

John

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Make sure you also create an alias for that system. Specific talkgroup or even a talkgroup range, just something for it to search for.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Sdrtrunk does not allow entering of nacs. Unless you have another agency transmitting on the freq you should be ok.

Go into the tuners tab, and click on your dongle. Take and post a screenshot.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
I don't want to sound like a broken record, but do want to clarify a question relating to this thread. I have the nooelec nesdr smart v5. Can I use SDR Trunk on a 'Conventional' P25 repeater (Which is using a talk group but no control channel). I ask because I am getting no where with SDRSharp and VB Cable. The majority of my SDR listening will be conventional P25 and DMR but all the systems highly utilize Radio ID's and at least one single TGID. Did I make sense in asking my question?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Yes, you can monitor convention P25 freqs in sdrtrunk. I do it with a few freqs. I also do via Sdr# (1742) and the dsd plugin with virtual audio cable. I have used vb cable in the past. You can also uses DSDPlus.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
Yes, you can monitor convention P25 freqs in sdrtrunk. I do it with a few freqs. I also do via Sdr# (1742) and the dsd plugin with virtual audio cable. I have used vb cable in the past. You can also uses DSDPlus.

Thanks. I am having a serious conflict with SDR# and VB cable outputting to DSDPlus. Windows 11 hates this stuff. I'll give SDR Trunk a try then. I appreciate the info.