SDRTrunk Sdr trunk install

lwvmobile

Scroll down to 6. Enhancements, right under there you'll see Assets, just click that and then you'll see a downloadable zip for Windows.

Or you might be able to use this link directly, not sure if Github allows for hotlinking.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I tried to install this on my Windows 10 laptop back in the early spring. As I recall, a PATH statement is required for the program to run. I tried to write that (I learned how in the DOS days) but couldn't get it to work.

Does anyone have an idea of what might have gone wrong? The program seems pretty interesting and I'd like to get it running. If there's a YouTube video that might help, I'd appreciate a link.

Thanks.

lwvmobile

There is also this, but its for 0.4.0 and 0.3.0 but for 0.5 alpha, I think you need Java 11 or equivalent.

air-scan

Premium Subscriber
Where can I find information on how to install on a windows 10 machine? Everything I see is for linux.
No Java required for 0.5.0 alpha 2 onward.

Windows 10 Instructions:
Download and extract it. Navigate to the bin folder and click sdr-trunk.bat
If you're decoding P25 systems you need JMBE. Then navigate the menus
View > User Preferences > JMBE Audio Library > Create Library. It'll tell you an update is available just click Yes then a new window appears click create library then it asks if you want to continue click yes. It will then create the library then a new pop up saying Success! just press ok
you're done with that part. That's all you need to do for installation.

Create a desktop shortcut to sdr-trunk.bat. That's the file that's going to start SDRTrunk. No command lines needed on your part (don't hamper with the bat file!). You're systems are configured within the Playlist editor and radios started in the Channel tab within the Playlist editor. RadioReference premium works well. You may set you're favorite systems to autostart when SDRTrunk is loaded. It doesn't have a hold on talk group function yet. I recommend you mute talk groups you don't want to hear and those you value the higher priority a lower value in Aliases tab.

Last edited: