SDRTrunk SDR Trunk web sever

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick223

Feed Provider
I have the web sever working on http with port forward but I like to get the https to work but it keeps saying can’t start. There isn’t anything else opened on that port so I’m not sure why it won’t work. Also tried the certification section and that keeps throwing errors

Another issue. I am trying to get the public url to work also and that seems to not work either.
Been racking my brain trying to figure these out but can’t seem to get these issues working.

I rather have a url name then IP address with the port.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks

da2ricky

I had this issue when first setting it up, it's been a while so I can't say with 100% certainty what I did to get it working but I think I had to enable automatic certificate management and request the Let's Encrypt cert before it would let me enable HTTPS.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I have the web sever working on http with port forward but I like to get the https to work but it keeps saying can’t start. There isn’t anything else opened on that port so I’m not sure why it won’t work. Also tried the certification section and that keeps throwing errors

Another issue. I am trying to get the public url to work also and that seems to not work either.
Been racking my brain trying to figure these out but can’t seem to get these issues working.

I rather have a url name then IP address with the port.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks

I'm of no help, but are you sure you mean SDRTRunk? Sounds like you are talking about the webserver in Trunked Recorder.

scannerbox

To setup a HTTPS website in Trunking Recorder you need to provide a certificate or request one through Let's Encrypt.
To request one through Let's Encrypt you need to set the public URL you are using in the config menu. Let's Encrypt will then try to use that URL over the internet to connect to the Trunking Recorder server. You need to make sure your firewall and router have the port forwarded correctly and also that DNS is correct (Make sure you can pull up the Trunking Recorder site externally on a different internet or cell phone connection).

What error are you getting?

firephoto184

Premium Subscriber
...help...
Can someone help me with how to set up the external access to the server. I am not sure I’m getting the whole port forwarding correct, I have set the ports to foward in both the Firewall and in the router app and still no success

scannerbox

...help...
Can someone help me with how to set up the external access to the server. I am not sure I’m getting the whole port forwarding correct, I have set the ports to forward in both the Firewall and in the router app and still no success
I would suggest following a guide like this to walk through the steps to setup port forwarding. How to Set Up Port Forwarding on a Router
Some ISP block the default web port of 80 and/or 443 externally so you might have to choose a different port to forward like 8080 or 8000.
If you choose a different port you will need to change the port in Trunking Recorder to match and make sure both the windows firewall and your router allow access (normally Trunking Recorder handles the windows firewall side).
If you are still having issues try disabling the windows firewall temporarily to allow you to see if windows is blocking the connections.
I would also make sure you can connect to Trunking Recorder internally on your home network from a second device before trying port forwarding. If it doesn't work internally it won't work externally.

If you still have trouble we would need more details about what you have already done and what errors you are running into. It would also help to know what kind of router you have and who your ISP is.

Status
Not open for further replies.