SDR Trunk will not follow trunking system

GTR8000

NYS Database Guy
Database Admin
You don't mention what type of dongle, so we'll assume a standard RTL dongle. If the site's frequencies span more than 2.4 MHz, you won't be able to track all voice channels with a single dongle. 2.4 MHz is generally the maximum usable bandwidth. If your control channel is in the 769-770 range, and there voice channels in the 773-774, it will not be able to tune to those voice channels.

Add another dongle.

ansul1001

#1 Member
You don't mention what type of dongle, so we'll assume a standard RTL dongle. If the site's frequencies span more than 2.4 MHz, you won't be able to track all voice channels with a single dongle. 2.4 MHz is generally the maximum usable bandwidth. If your control channel is in the 769-770 range, and there voice channels in the 773-774, it will not be able to tune to those voice channels.

Add another dongle.
Thanks its an Sdr V3 dongle and yes the freqs are in the 800mghz range so i will try to add another dongle

GTR8000

NYS Database Guy
Database Admin
You may need more than 2 to cover everything. What system/site?

GTR8000

NYS Database Guy
Database Admin
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you're going to need at least 4 dongles to cover that entire site, possibly 5 depending on how busy the site actually is. If it's not a very busy site, you may be able to get away with 3 dongles, allowing two of them to retune as necessary. But if it is a busy site, to cover every frequency, you'll need 4-5 dongles.

waterbwuk

Feed Provider
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you're going to need at least 4 dongles to cover that entire site, possibly 5 depending on how busy the site actually is. If it's not a very busy site, you may be able to get away with 3 dongles, allowing two of them to retune as necessary. But if it is a busy site, to cover every frequency, you'll need 4-5 dongles.
Oh wow that frequency spread is brutal..