SDR Trunk with 2 rtl-sdr dongles. Why are the ID's on SDR Trunk both saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roveer

I have 2 rtl-sdr dongles on my windows 10 laptop. When I did the zadig driver install, I first did the bulk-in interface 0 then I ran it again and did the install for bulk-in interface 1. When I setup sdrtrunk both dongles show up as R820-T with the ID of 00000001. This doesn't look right. I would have thought the 2nd dongle would have a 002 id. I'm worried the software doesn't properly see both dongles. Can someone let me know if there setup has unique ID's for multiple dongles and if I may have done something wrong during my setup.

Thanks,

Roveer

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
The default serial number on pretty much every RTL dongle is 00000001. Without changing the default serial number, no matter how many you have plugged in, they will all show 00000001.

See this thread:

TL;DR: Use rtl_eeprom utility to change one of the dongles to 00000002.

sjacket99

FuzzThePiGuy
Feed Provider
Here's a link Change Serial Number to my website for a video on how to change the serial numbers. I changed mine then labeled each dongle using a label maker. So I know which one it what.

kreinard

Ken-Memphis
Premium Subscriber
I have an Discocery+. I order 2 RTL-SDR dangles just to be safe. Any way to make SDRTrunk work with the Discovery +

Status
Not open for further replies.