SDR use close to Lincoln?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone is using a SDR type setup for scanning close to Lincoln? I want to set up a station at my house and was wondering if anyone could help.

I have a RadioShack ST-2 installed and the RG-6 ran with a F or BNC connector ready.

I don't have a SDR yet and don't know witch one to buy. I will be using it for Digital and trunking.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
This might be a better topic for an SDR forum. There are probably not that many people (anywhere) using SDR for an EDACS or ProVoice system, but more users to give feedback in one of these forums.

AD9O

I only have a basic bit of experience, but if you're going to be doing trunking, you'll want two receivers. One to monitor the control channel and one to be steared to and monitor the voice channel. As I understand it, doing both with one receiver has a bit of an annoying delay (especially since the EDACS beeps exist).

You can use a conventional scanner with a PC interface to drive the control side of things. Look at SDR# and one of the RTL dongles as a possible inexpensive starter option.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.