SDR Windows Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear15

There is no really "one size fits all" it all depends what you intend to use them for and what you feel comfortable spending hours staring your workstation screen. this may help shed some light on what you have in mind and are trying to accomplish:

spongella

Premium Subscriber
SDR#, HDSDR, and NutsAboutNets' spectrum analyzer software. First two are free, work well and that's why I use them. Third one cost $79 several years ago and is used to look at wide-range spectral scans.

silberj

HDSDR is my go to. Have SDR# which doesn't get much use anymore. I'm heavily into SDRTrunk currently. It's java based, so cross platform, it decodes P25 flawlessly, and much better than DSD+. While primarily a trunking app, it does single channel as well, and I monitor several single frequencies at a time with 2 dongles. Using v0.5.0a2, and while Alpha software, they have stable versions, but this version has been running solid for a couple of weeks now. 20200630_183618_screen_capture.png

bharvey2

For the last several years, I've been using Unitrunker with The freeware version of DSD+. It took a bit of work to set up but now that it's done, it is fairly stable with good decoding. Just recently, I purchased the DSD+ Fastlane version. I've still got a few bugs to work out to get it to my liking (mostly a learning curve issue) but I'd say it was much easier to get going.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
For trunking, I could never get software to work properly. Pretty sure the problem existed between the keyboard and the chair. So, I picked up a Uniden Home Patrol-II.

--
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.