SDRplay RSP 2 Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

se

Hello All.

Just asking how does everyone who owns one like their SDRplay RSP 2 Pro? What are the good and bad aspects of it? Mine is expected to arrive to me in about 2 to 3 weeks.

Sheldon.

Arkmood

Hello All.

Just asking how does everyone who owns one like their SDRplay RSP 2 Pro?
Sheldon.

Been knocking around HF receivers since the late 60's. Further, my brother is a Amateur radio dealer so I've had a chance to play with many different HF rigs, and can truthfully say my SDRplay RSP 2 Pro is one of the best, if not the best, receiver I've ever used.

On the downside - the receive is very hot. However, using SDRuno 1.12 you become aware (see image left of HI Z in main window) and can adjust the RF gain accordingly.

Taking all in to account I think you'll be very pleased with the RSP 2 Pro, if you take the time to learn how to use the receiver/software.

Attachments

• Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,898

USASA

Love SDRPlay 2

HI All!

I got my SDRPlay 2 3 weeks ago and loaded SDRuno that very day (without incident). I used it every night since. It has worked perfectly. SDRuno is very good. I would like a few things improved or changed in SDRuno. I found that if I change bands 3 or 4 times it is not as responsive and displays were off some what. I would have to shut it down and restart it and it then working perfectly again. I took a Ohm meter to the metalized coating and found that it was not grounded to the system. I used copper foil tape and fixed that problem. But all in all I love this radio!!!!! Just to note I have been monitoring the HF, VHF and UHF bands for 50 years. In the military (United States Army Security Agency) that is what I did. I do know quality in radios, this is right up there. I highly recommend it to all.

Alex

deadite66

Just ordered the Pro, from Lief's review of the rsp1 isn't quite as good as the Airspy (i have) but the filters and 3 aerial inputs could be useful to me.

deadite66

got the rsp2pro this week, got it working in linux but it was a rocky start trying to get it working in gqrx, cubicsdr was easier but it has no recording option atm and slows to a crawl after 30 minutes or so.

se

This is likely a repeat question.

Hi.Has anybody in this thread had any luck pulling in any kind of signal into the RSP2 Pro without an antenna connected?

Sheldon.

Flatliner

Hi.Has anybody in this thread had any luck pulling in any kind of signal into the RSP2 Pro without an antenna connected?

Sheldon.

Maybe it's me but... are you asking if the RSP works without an antenna??

I'm sure that I'l return to this post later and instantly see where I went wrong. :D

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!

Not unless the transmitter is in the same room. Why on earth would you think any RF device would work worth crap without an appropriate antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.