SDRplay RSP1 and RSP1A on a single PC

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
Will the RSP1 and the RSP1A play nice together on a single PC?

For a little background - I own the SDRplay RSP1 and love it. I typically use my RSP1 with DSDPlus Fastlane as my software tool of choice for decoding digital signals. This combo of hardware and software work great together as long as there is just one RSP1. Adding a second RSP1 doesn't seem to work because the RSP1 receivers lack unique serial numbers and the FMPP app (from the DSDPlus suite) cannot differentiate the receivers. If there is a workaround for the RSP1 receivers, I would love to hear from you.

I am considering purchasing the RSP1A to add to my collection of SDRs. I believe the RSP1A has a unique serial number so it seems to solve the problem of segregating multiple receivers on a single PC. Based on my research there doesn't appear to be any issues with multiple RSP1A devices. But I am wondering if I can keep my original RSP1 to work alongside the new RSP1A. Any feedback is appreciated.

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
From what I have read
Yes to rsp1 & rsp1a

If you have two rsp1, if I remember right, you have to use api 2.09

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
From what I have read
Yes to rsp1 & rsp1a

If you have two rsp1, if I remember right, you have to use api 2.09
Thanks for the quick reply! I haven't tried the alternative APIs because I thought the latest FMPP version (v1.20) requires API/HW Driver 3.07. Maybe I have this wrong???

Out of interest, do you think your API idea was related to using SDRuno?

Last edited:

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick reply! I haven't tried the alternative APIs because I thought the latest FMPP version (v1.20) requires API/HW Driver 3.07. Maybe I have this wrong???

Out of interest, do you think your API idea was related to using SDRuno?
It was related to gqrx...🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
If you were wanting to use one for a control channel and the other for voice, you could pipe the control channel from one rsp1 via sdr# or something as a passive monitor?