SDRSharp Trunker Plugin Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

txktoday

Premium Subscriber
Seem the be following all the steps, but the instructions are insane and seem to be mostly old information. Anyone know what could be causing the following error.

http://i.imgur.com/qXUNbGK.png

Pretty sure I have followed everything. SDRSharp works by itself.

br0adband

Most of the currently available plugins for SDR# are not compatible with the very latest version of SDR# that's available (which appears to be v1.0.0.1179 as I'm typing this). You'll need to roll back or find something like v1.0.0.1174 which seems to be the version that all the plugins are happy with - it's not an SDR# issue save for it being a more current version, the issue lies with the plugins not being updated (some are, not all).

In time things will work themselves out I suppose.

br0adband

Nothing stopping you from doing it I guess, but because all the pieces to make it all functional are not all created by one single person it's basically distributed in the manner it is because of that - plus the owner of SDR# (Yousseff and maybe one or two other people working as a group, as I understand it) can't necessarily just include any old software they want in a distribution with it all pretty and packaged for just anyone.

- install the Zadig drivers and verify they're working
- grab the latest dev version of SDR# and extract it
- grab the latest RTL-SDR libraries and extract them to the SDR# folder
- grab whatever plugins you may want (but read and research to make sure they work with whatever version of SDR# you're attempting to use, of course)
- copy the plugin files as required to the SDR# folder, modify the SDRSharp.exe.Config as needed adding whatever lines will enable said plugin(s) according to the instructions included with the plugins themselves
- if you want to do trunking that'll end up requiring Unitrunker as well but that has nothing to do with SDR# itself so that's not even something I'd touch on - there's plenty of info about using Unitrunker with SDR# to get some trunking monitoring working, sure, but it's still a standalone thing IMO
- start up SDR# and get to it

It really ain't that tough... :D

etherxrally

The problem seems to be that although the install is simple, there are a lot of variables. The instructions you just posted work......if you have a plug in that plays with the new sdr# version. I have been trying to find the right combo of sdr# version with correct rtlsdr plugin that works with trunker. I can get a old version of sdr# with trunker but no rtl USB support. Or I can get rtl USB support with almost every plugin but no trunker. I can't seem to find a combo that has rtl USB support AND trunker plugin. if someone has a zip of their build and wouldn't mind posting it that would be great otherwise we must wait until fixes are made by the dev's. It must be a lot of work keeping up with everything and my hat goes off to the dev's.

BM82557

Here's a link to the RTL-SDR libraries that work with SDRSharp V1174 -

Zippyshare.com - sdr-nightly-rtlsdr V1174.zip

I don't use the trunker plugin so I don't have a copy of it when it worked with V1174. Maybe someone else does. I downloaded SDRSharp V1174 and the RTL-SDR libraries that work with it on 1/20/2014 so the trunker plugin would need to be around then also.

Pyr8

I am getting this error

20u9yti.png

after installing "ZefieMod.v1.2013.429.10".
I am using the latest version of SDR#, and as you can see, I think i put the script in the correct place!

2dukxhs.png

Now when I try to install it on SDR# Version 1174 (as suggested in this thread), it works, but there is no option for my USB dongle. All that is available to me is "RTL-SDR/TCP" and not "RTL-SDR/USB" (none of the other available options I can see work either!) .

This is a Gong Show!!! Any one have any ideas?

BM82557

In the config file for V1174 did you uncomment the following line? -

<!-- <add key="RTL-SDR / USB" value="SDRSharp.RTLSDR.RtlSdrIO,SDRSharp.RTLSDR" /> -->

KA2ZEY

Just wondering if anything has been updated with this? I'm using 1179 and I'm not able to get the trunking and ADB S Plugin working. I get an error at start up. Has this been fixed or still a problem?

jerryleem412

I'm having the same issue as Pyr8. Are there any new trunking plugins being developed? Is there a new plugin that works with the new SDR#? Does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.