SDRTrunk 0.3.0-alpha1 missing channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewraith2008

Just built then new SDRTrunk 0.3.0-alpha1 (14-Jan-2017)

I have been using another SDRTrunk 0.3.0-alpha1 (version from few months back)

When started. The channels that had be defined where no longer there.

In my case, the fix is to rename existing 'playlist.xml' to 'playlist_old.xml' then rename 'playlist_v2.xml' to 'playlist.xml'. These are located in your "UserFolder/SDRTrunk/playlist".
If you still want to use 0.2.0 then this will affect that.

The newer 0.3.0-alpha1 converts 0.2.0 'playlist.xml' to 'playlist_V2.xml' then uses 'playlist_V2.xml' to load channel details. The latest build tries to load 'playlist.xml'
Not sure if this is by design or something that slipped in.
Shouldn't the version 2 playlist still be 'playlist_v2.xml'

Console LOG:

from SDRTrunk 0.3.0-alpha1 (version from few months back):

11:09:58.089 INFO playlist.PlaylistManager - loading version 2 playlist file [C
:\Users\DualCore\SDRTrunk\playlist\playlist_v2.xml]

SDRTrunk 0.3.0-alpha1a (14-Jan-2017):

11:11:42.893 INFO playlist.PlaylistManager - loading version 2 playlist file [C
:\Users\DualCore\SDRTrunk\playlist\playlist.xml]

after renaming 'playlist_v2.xml' to 'playlist.xml':

11:13:03.381 INFO playlist.PlaylistManager - loading version 2 playlist file [C

Cheers

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Just built then new SDRTrunk 0.3.0-alpha1 (14-Jan-2017)

I have been using another SDRTrunk 0.3.0-alpha1 (version from few months back)

When started. The channels that had be defined where no longer there.

In my case, the fix is to rename existing 'playlist.xml' to 'playlist_old.xml' then rename 'playlist_v2.xml' to 'playlist.xml'. These are located in your "UserFolder/SDRTrunk/playlist".
If you still want to use 0.2.0 then this will affect that.

The newer 0.3.0-alpha1 converts 0.2.0 'playlist.xml' to 'playlist_V2.xml' then uses 'playlist_V2.xml' to load channel details. The latest build tries to load 'playlist.xml'
Not sure if this is by design or something that slipped in.
Shouldn't the version 2 playlist still be 'playlist_v2.xml'

Console LOG:

from SDRTrunk 0.3.0-alpha1 (version from few months back):

11:09:58.089 INFO playlist.PlaylistManager - loading version 2 playlist file [C
:\Users\DualCore\SDRTrunk\playlist\playlist_v2.xml]

SDRTrunk 0.3.0-alpha1a (14-Jan-2017):

11:11:42.893 INFO playlist.PlaylistManager - loading version 2 playlist file [C

after renaming 'playlist_v2.xml' to 'playlist.xml':

11:13:03.381 INFO playlist.PlaylistManager - loading version 2 playlist file [C

Cheers

Tha't a bug. Thanks!

Denny

thewraith2008

Glad to help.

May have another related to MPT1327 but will start a new thread about it. I need to wait until Monday as that system goes dead on weekends.

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the feedback!

If you don't mind, could you post the MPT related issue for 0.3.0-alpha (or beta) to the support group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sdrtrunk

This is just while 0.3.0 is still in the development/testing stage. Once it's fully released, I can support V0.3.0 in both forums (RR and Google groups).

cheers,
Denny

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
Is there a complied version of the 0.30 Beta out there anywhere? Would love to try it, but I'm not adept at compiling the code.

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Is there a complied version of the 0.30 Beta out there anywhere? Would love to try it, but I'm not adept at compiling the code.

Not yet, but I'm getting close to the first preview release. It's mostly feature-complete for 0.3.0, but there are still a few usability and program stability issues to take care of.

thewraith2008

Building SDRTrunk and JMBE are fairly straight forward. Nothing like the crap Linux puts you through.

Denny has instructions on his GIT wiki but you still need to play around to get it to go.

I can post a procedure on how to do it with a Windows 7 Pro - 32bit setup if you want so you can get into it.

If you just want to see a screenshot of what its looking like at the moment. Denny as that on his support forum. I can't post here as it's to big (1280x800) and he may not wish that.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sdrtrunk

Look for the "Update: more sdrtrunk user interface changes for 0.3.0 ..." post

Cheers

morfis

Not yet, but I'm getting close to the first preview release. It's mostly feature-complete for 0.3.0, but there are still a few usability and program stability issues to take care of.

Once released as a windows binary I can test the MPT1327 side of things on several varied systems over here if that will help.

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Once released as a windows binary I can test the MPT1327 side of things on several varied systems over here if that will help.

That would definitely help! If you're not already part of the google group and you don't mind, could you please subscribe. I'll announce there first when the first preview release is available.

Thanks!
Denny

morfis

That would definitely help! If you're not already part of the google group and you don't mind, could you please subscribe. I'll announce there first when the first preview release is available.

Thanks!
Denny

I'll keep and eye on here for the announcements Denny

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
I've installed the latest beta, but can't find jmbe 0.3.3 - would someone please link to the files needed to build that version? Thanks@

thewraith2008

It would be better to start a new thread about what you are asking. As your question bears no connection to the thread.

That been said. The JMBE info your after is in the same place you pulled the beta code from. Have a look at the wiki.

cpetraglia

The JMBE file your looking for is named .0.3.2 update 1. Compile this and it will be .0.3.3. I was a little confused at first finding the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.