SDRTrunk 2 dongle setup problem

Ronnierozier2

Premium Subscriber
check out the attached picture and tell me if this is correct please? it shows both dongles but both end with 000000001 shouldn't they have different numbers at the end? I assume those are unique device numbers. if so how can i fix this problem? please advise.

picture below

sdrtrunk dongle.jpg

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
That's how it should be unless you edited the serial #'s on the eeproms

One wi showed locked as is works , if the locked tune is receiving a call and another call started outside it's sample rate, the other tuner kicks in

Ronnierozier2

Premium Subscriber
That's how it should be unless you edited the serial #'s on the eeproms

One wi showed locked as is works , if the locked tune is receiving a call and another call started outside it's sample rate, the other tuner kicks in
I didn’t edit anything. So what do I need to do? Instructions please

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
I didn’t edit anything. So what do I need to do? Instructions please
You are good to go, two dongles with the same serial will be fine. Once you start adding more than 3, I believe the need for different serial numbers becomes a consideration.(can't remember exactly, all mine are edited)

Ronnierozier2

Premium Subscriber
You are good to go, two dongles with the same serial will be fine. Once you start adding more than 3, I believe the need for different serial numbers becomes a consideration.(can't remember exactly, all mine are edited)

when im under the channels tab, the drop down on "prefered tuner" only shows 1 dongle. by the looks of things its only seeing 1 dongle. how do i know if its working on two dongles? I have my sds100 monitoring the same system and same tower and sdstrunk im only hearing 50% of what im hearing on the sds100

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
While sdr-trunk is running, click the tuner tab , on a busy system both would like show locked, you'll see frequency numbers in both tuners. I don't think you'll see two options in the preferred tuner drop menu as the both have the same info

Ronnierozier2

Premium Subscriber
While sdr-trunk is running, click the tuner tab , on a busy system both would like show locked, you'll see frequency numbers in both tuners. I don't think you'll see two options in the preferred tuner drop menu as the both have the same info
under tuners i do see two dongles one shows locked and the other shows unlocked ??

maus92

Premium Subscriber
If you want / need to change your sdr serial numbers, this guy does wordy demo on how to do it.

Ronnierozier2

Premium Subscriber
i got my serial numbers changed and from the drop down it now shows 2 dongles. how can I tell if its utilizing both dongles? I'm still missing 50% of traffic compared to my sds100 sitting right next to me. I dont know how to tell if it's using both dongles.

rtl2.jpgrtl1.jpg

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Show your screen with the Now Playing view selected. Also need to know what system and site that you are trying to monitor.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
under tuners i do see two dongles one shows locked and the other shows unlocked ??

What system are you monitoring? The one thats locked is because its locked on the control channel. The other will show unlocked if there is not a voice grant in progress or if the dongle is not set up properly.

Can you post your tuners tab?

• Channels indicates how many channels are being sourced from the tuner. A value of 0 (UNLOCKED) will be displayed when the tuner is not sourcing any channels. A non-zero value, for example: 1 (LOCKED), indicates the number of channels being sourced from the tuner. The LOCKED label indicates that the tuner editor's frequency and sample rate controls are locked and cannot be changed by the user until all of the decoding channels being sourced by the tuner have been stopped.

I'm still missing 50% of traffic compared to my sds100 sitting right next to me. I dont know how to tell if it's using both dongles.

Post screenshots of the channels page with the system in question and the tuners tab

Ronnierozier2

Premium Subscriber
What system are you monitoring? The one thats locked is because its locked on the control channel. The other will show unlocked if there is not a voice grant in progress or if the dongle is not set up properly.

Can you post your tuners tab?

• Channels indicates how many channels are being sourced from the tuner. A value of 0 (UNLOCKED) will be displayed when the tuner is not sourcing any channels. A non-zero value, for example: 1 (LOCKED), indicates the number of channels being sourced from the tuner. The LOCKED label indicates that the tuner editor's frequency and sample rate controls are locked and cannot be changed by the user until all of the decoding channels being sourced by the tuner have been stopped.

Post screenshots of the channels page with the system in question and the tuners tab
the system im monitoring is Mississippi MSWIN P25P2. the only tower i setup is the North Carrollton tower in Carroll County.
with two dongle can i monitor more than 1 tower or is one the limit with two dongles?

see 3 images below

rtlsdr1.jpgrtlsdr2.jpgrtlsdr3.jpg

Ronnierozier2

Premium Subscriber
im monitoring a 700mhz system but the waterfall is on 100mhz why is that ? how do i get it to show what im actually monitoring?

EDIT: never mind i figured this one out. i can see what im monitoring now in the waterfall

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Please use windows snipping tool for the screen shots. What is the reason for the rejected calls in the events tab?