SDRTrunk 2 dongle setup problem

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
The active control channel is the highest freq on that site and all the calls are trying the lowest freq which is out of range of the first dongle. The second dongle should be kicking in and grabbing those calls. Is there a good antenna on the second dongle? What is the gain, ppm and sample rate set for on the second donge?

Can you post a screenshot of the other tuner?

I do not know what that message means. What version are you running?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Can you post your entire startup log? As a file, not as screenshot.

Ronnierozier2

Premium Subscriber
The active control channel is the highest freq on that site and all the calls are trying the lowest freq which is out of range of the first dongle. The second dongle should be kicking in and grabbing those calls. Is there a good antenna on the second dongle? What is the gain, ppm and sample rate set for on the second donge?

Can you post a screenshot of the other tuner?

I do not know what that message means. What version are you running?
here are 2 pics of the 2 dongles
1.jpg2.jpg

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
One dongle is lock on the cc which is the highest freq on that site. The other dongle is parked up on the high side of the site also. I am stumped as I never encountered that where I needed to have a dongle park lower. But also being that your seeing that error message in the cmd prompt window, I myself would restart sdrtrunk.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Logs are available via the View menu. Also shown in the window when first starting the program. When you post here, you will need to change the file extension from .log to .txt for a log file.

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
View, tuners, show
Pick the other rtl

That should get you the waterfall for the cc dongle

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Did you ever build your Java JMBE library?

How did you install the program initially?

I'll have to install 0.6 Alpha 3 to see what errors it throws, but your installation is throwing A LOT of errors. I'll post mine as a comparison.

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Only 2 things jump out at me with one eye open.

20230221 191151.321 [main] INFO i.g.d.settings.SettingsManager - SettingsManager - settings does not exist [C:\Users\ronni\SDRTrunk\settings\settings.xml] [8MB/34MB 23%]

20230221 191618.758 [sdrtrunk polyphase channel] DEBUG i.g.d.d.f.c.PolyphaseChannelManager - Couldn't design final output low pass filter for polyphase channel source [161MB/374MB 43%]

What happens if you change from Polyphase to Heterodyne and restart?

1677038210221.png

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Attached is what a startup log should look like. I'm thinking that you've installed the program incorrectly.

Attachments

• SDRTlog.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 8

maus92

Premium Subscriber
FYI, this is a startup log for the Alpha3 version you are running. No errors.

Attachments

• SDRTAlpha3log.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 5

Ronnierozier2

Premium Subscriber
ok guys im not sure what fix my issue but here is what I did.

1. from device manager i deleted both dongles and drivers.
2. plugged up one dongle and installed the driver with Zadig then unplugged that dongle then plugged in the second dongle and installed that driver.
3. one dongle has a new usb 3' extension cable and the other was using a 15 year old 6' usb extension cable. once i eliminated that old usb cable and went straight into the computer a few things happened.
3a. No more call rejected - tuner unavailable messages
3b. Now im hearing everything on sdrtrunk that im hearing on my sds100

i would like to say it was driver related but im leaning toward the old a$$ usb extension cable i used.

I would like to say thank you to all that has helped me troubleshoot this issue. you all have given some great advice and for that I'm thankful for each of you. thats what makes this community so great !!

RMason

Premium Subscriber
Glad you got it working. And glad the 2nd dongle solved your missed calls.

An old 6’ cable is certainly suspect. It’s easy enough to determine whether it was the cable. Just swap it out again and see if the problem reoccurs. But, as the old saying goes - If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.