SDRtrunk and LAPD Pacific Division dispatch scanner p25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

EHLabs

Premium Subscriber
Hi

I am a newbie and I have successfully installed SDRTRunk and I am monitoring local systems - ICI and LAWA p25 systems with no problem.

I ran across this Broadcastify feed LAPD Dispatch - Pacific Division Live Audio Feed which monitors LAPD Pacific Division dispatch scanner for Venice and surrounding areas on 484.3875 MHz.

I have attempted to program this into SDRTrunk and I cant find the p25 RR page with Talk Groups Idenified on RR page for this p25 channel? I would really appreciate some advice on how to program this particular channel into SDRTrunk either through RR import built into SDRTrunk or how to manually program and find the talk groups and how to manually add them.

I would also love to find out how to monitor local County Helicopter traffic from LAPD, Sheriff and other gov agency helicopter traffic....

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. BTW this is my very first post on this forum!

N6ML

I'm not in the area, so can't test this, but it works for a neighbouring county to me that uses P25 Conventional. In SDRTrunk, create a Channel with type P25 Phase 1 and Modulation C4FM. You could just create/use an empty Alias List at first - this should play any talkgroup that shows up. Often they use a default talkgroup ID (like 1) for all traffic on P25 Conventional. If you watch the "Now Playing" tab when the Channel is Playing, you can click on it (the Channel), and select "Events" in the lower pane, and you should call events with From (usually radio) and To (usually talkgroup) ID whenever they happen. You could also configure the Channel for Logging of Call Events, then review the log after some time.
p25conv.PNG

jrholm

It's not a trunked system, just a regular radio frequency operating in P25 digital modulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.