SDRTrunk P25 Phase II testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRL-XM43

I am currently running the latest beta of SDRTrunk with P25 phase II decode capability.

It is performing perfectly on two P25 phase II sites.

I caution this version is in the early stage of development. It is multi platform Java system developed by Denny.

Thank you Denny for all your hard work!!!!

LD723

Is this version of sdrtrunk up anywhere or is it private? Github only has the latest alpha releases

gofasters4

I'm not sure i understand the "build" process, can you help me a little please?

Hello-

At the projects' Github links above, scroll down - there are instructions on how to build with Java 11 and the included 'gradle' scripts for Linux and Windows.

P25 Phase2, awesome! Long desired. I downloaded the branches, compiled and have the program running.

Phase 1. It doesn't want to stream, even though it connected to icecast2 and the audio is listed in the aliases and I have talkgroup range 1-65535 to capture everything. I must be doing something wrong, but I have yet to find it, comparing with an older version of sdrtrunk.

Phase 2. The two channels are showing as IDLE. I have it set to auto determine the NAC, etc.

Is the google group private? when I search for it google can't find it.

I am trying it on an rPi4 and AtomicPi and running it on a rPi3+

ECR

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
How does one do this? I have sdr-trunk-all-0.4.0-alpha.1 .jar that click and it runs.

I downloaded sdr-trunk-0.4.0-alpha.9-windows-x64 and am lost. It also does not have a jar file to click like I have been doing.

I downloaded sdrtrunk-296-p25-phase-2-decoder and when I click gradlew.bat, a window opens then closes..

I was never good with java.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
My bad. I found sdr-trunk.bat in the sdr-trunk-0.4.0-alpha.9-windows-x64 bin folder and sdr trunk does start. Still unclear where or what to do with sdrtrunk-296-p25-phase-2-decoder . I cmd into that folder and ran
gradlew.bat clean buildSdr and get the following,

C:\Users\Preferred Customer\SDRTrunk\sdrtrunk-296-p25-phase-2-decoder\sdrtrunk-2
96-p25-phase-2-decoder>gradlew.bat clean buildSdr

ERROR: JAVA_HOME is set to an invalid directory: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-10

Please set the JAVA_HOME variable in your environment to match the
location of your Java installation.

C:\Users\Preferred Customer\SDRTrunk\sdrtrunk-296-p25-phase-2-decoder\sdrtrunk-2
96-p25-phase-2-decoder>

Not sure what's going on as sdr-trunk-0.4.0-alpha.9-windows-x64 sdr-trunk.bat works fine and p[lays audio. I know I am doing something wrong but do not know what....

Last edited:
I figured out my non streaming issue. It will now stream Phase 1.
Phase 2 is still showing IDLE. and the NAC, etc. field are blank even with auto populate checked. I must be doing something basic wrong. I can see the phase 2 frequency in the waterfall.
I am using jmbe-1.0.0.

P25 Phase2, awesome! Long desired. I downloaded the branches, compiled and have the program running.

Phase 1. It doesn't want to stream, even though it connected to icecast2 and the audio is listed in the aliases and I have talkgroup range 1-65535 to capture everything. I must be doing something wrong, but I have yet to find it, comparing with an older version of sdrtrunk.

Phase 2. The two channels are showing as IDLE. I have it set to auto determine the NAC, etc.

Is the google group private? when I search for it google can't find it.

I am trying it on an rPi4 and AtomicPi and running it on a rPi3+

ECR

DRL-XM43

I figured out my non streaming issue. It will now stream Phase 1.
Phase 2 is still showing IDLE. and the NAC, etc. field are blank even with auto populate checked. I must be doing something basic wrong. I can see the phase 2 frequency in the waterfall.
I am using jmbe-1.0.0.

If you are decoding a phase II trunk, select the phase 1 decoder, it will recognize the the P2 and decode it.

The phase 2 decoder is only for decoding a single phase II channel and will not work on a control channel.

The best place for info is here Google Groups at the support group.

DRL-XM43

My bad. I found sdr-trunk.bat in the sdr-trunk-0.4.0-alpha.9-windows-x64 bin folder and sdr trunk does start. Still unclear where or what to do with sdrtrunk-296-p25-phase-2-decoder . I cmd into that folder and ran
gradlew.bat clean buildSdr and get the following,

Please set the JAVA_HOME variable in your environment to match the
location of your Java installation.

96-p25-phase-2-decoder>

Not sure what's going on as sdr-trunk-0.4.0-alpha.9-windows-x64 sdr-trunk.bat works fine and p[lays audio. I know I am doing something wrong but do not know what....

I am not sure what you are doing but go to the branch you desire, download the zip file, uncompress and then follow the compile instructions you will wind up with an executable jar file after the compile (windows or Linux) the instructions for this are scoll down on the page.

The easy way is to open a command window, cd to the decompressed folder, then execute the appropriate compile bat from there.

Thank you for this. I will try it.

When I go to that link, even while logged into my google account I get a

"You do not have permission to access this content. (#418)"

message.

If you are decoding a phase II trunk, select the phase 1 decoder, it will recognize the the P2 and decode it.

The phase 2 decoder is only for decoding a single phase II channel and will not work on a control channel.

The best place for info is here Google Groups at the support group.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
in system variables

JAVA_HOME C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.2

Is what is in mine.

Mine says ,

I thought it was stated on one of the pages that you did not need java anymore as it was included in the download. Either way, not sure what to set it to as sdr trunk is working the way with java set like the pic. Just can't get past,

Code:

Please set the JAVA_HOME variable in your environment to match the location of your Java installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.