sdrtrunk Release v0.6.0 - Version 0.6.0 (final)

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber

Version 0.6.0 (final)

Repository: DSheirer/sdrtrunk · Tag: v0.6.0 · Commit: 0492f19 · Released by: DSheirer

Application download links for each operating system are available below in the Assets section.

Features:​

• SDRPlay RSP tuner support (API versions 3.07 - 3.12)
  • Airspy Discovery HF+ support
  • RTL2832 Support for R828D (aka rtl-sdr Blog V4) and FC0013 Tuners
  • AM & NBFM Adaptive Squelch & AM Decoder Enhancements
  • Digital Coded Squelch (DCS) aux decoder available with NBFM decoder
  • LTR, LTR-Net & Passport Decoder enhancements
  • rdio-scanner call broadcasting
  • OpenMHZ call broadcasting
  • Update to OpenJDK 20 & Gradle 8.2

Requirements:​

• Windows x86 (64-bit)
  • Linux x86/aarch64 (64-bit)
  • OSX x86/aarch64 (64-bit)
Note: JMBE library must be manually downloaded/built for OSX aarch64 due to OSX sandboxing of downloaded code.
Note: Linux for arm-32 is NOT supported

Optional Requirements​

JMBE version 1.0.9+ is required for decoding APCO25 Phase 1/2 and DMR digital audio on Linux and OSX aarch64 and this library can be compiled within the sdrtrunk application.

Legacy instructions for compiling the JMBE library are located at: JMBE

User Manual​

Support​

This release has 7 assets:
  • sdr-trunk-linux-aarch64-v0.6.0.zip
  • sdr-trunk-linux-x86_64-v0.6.0.zip
  • sdr-trunk-osx-aarch64-v0.6.0.zip
  • sdr-trunk-osx-x86_64-v0.6.0.zip
  • sdr-trunk-windows-x86_64-v0.6.0.zip
  • Source code (zip)
  • Source code (tar.gz)
Visit the release page to download them.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure if this is a new feature or that I had it disabled previously, but at the bottom of the window there is a resource status bar that shows Allocated Memory and Used Memory. What memory is this referring to? In my situation, Allocated Memory is low, but Used Memory varies between roughly 1/3rd to 3/4 of the bar. What is this indicating? I generally start increasing resources when reaching 50% usage. There is 16Gb installed in the host. Win11Pro / i7 12th gen. Host Max Java Memory: 7 GB [8MB/508MB 1%].

Screenshot 2023-12-16 113740.png

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I'm not sure if this is a new feature or that I had it disabled previously, but at the bottom of the window there is a resource status bar that shows Allocated Memory and Used Memory. What memory is this referring to? In my situation, Allocated Memory is low, but Used Memory varies between roughly 1/3rd to 3/4 of the bar. What is this indicating? I generally start increasing resources when reaching 50% usage. There is 16Gb installed in the host. Win11Pro / i7 12th gen. Host Max Java Memory: 7 GB [8MB/508MB 1%].

View attachment 153104
Probably JVM memory.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
So what is status indicating? Is the Used Memory 75% of the Allocated Memory? 75% of the Max Host Java Memory? Is it telling me to allocate more Java memory?

belvdr

No longer interested in living
So what is status indicating? Is the Used Memory 75% of the Allocated Memory? 75% of the Max Host Java Memory? Is it telling me to allocate more Java memory?
No idea but probably allocated. Unless you have issues, shouldn’t need to increase.

tango20k

Best DMR decoder indeed, great audio quality. able to program all channels directly no matter if they are aparted but within USB tuner range. no lCN crab , no system details . very easy user interface.

Great work Dshrier. Kudus to you

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I've been having an issue with audio quality degrading and increased system resource usage over time (24/7) with V 0.6. Restarting SDRT fixes the problem. I'm not sure if it is related to the RSP1a that I started using. I also had an issue with the RSP1a's USB port becoming unstable: unplugging and re-plugging it resolved the issue. The Airspys and the Nooelecs don't seem to have any problems.

bobmueller

Premium Subscriber
I’ve got this running on a windows pc without issue. I’ve gotten it to almost run on a raspberry pi 3 but I get Java heap out of memory errors. Turning off the waterfall and letting it autostart and it will run as long as you don’t do anything.

I’d go to OP25 but I’d like to run dual dongles.

I’d like to get Sdrtrunk running on an SBC - goal is to upscale my Dad’s HealthKit Crystal scanner from the 80’s. Anyone running anything other than a Pi4/5 - like an orange pi/potato?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I’ve gotten it to almost run on a raspberry pi 3 but I get Java heap out of memory errors. Turning off the waterfall and letting it autostart and it will run as long as you don’t do anything.

Pi3 or Pi 3b+? I have the b+ and adding SDRT to that has been on my todo list for a while.