SDRTrunk single VHF P25 frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
Trying to use SDR trunk to monitor a single VHF P25 frequency but not having much luck getting it setup. I tried the easy way just having it import from RR but for some reason it doesn't show anything in the county agencies section. Tried adding manually but not sure what option to select as far as mode.

32dave

Premium Subscriber
select new then p25 you will have to know if its phase 1 or 2 then the freq and should work I have my city fire and police. Both are p25 encrypted but you can still see when they talk

20210725_081050_screen_capture.png

merlin

I use DSD+FL. It will parse the SCAT single channel system and decode non encrypted P25.
If the channel you want to monitor is a CC, it will parse and decode all the VCs.
It handles NXDN and Harris systems also.
With SDR trunk, you have to know the system parameters and set accordingly. (I have it, just don't use it.)

boatbod

select new then p25 you will have to know if its phase 1 or 2 then the freq and should work I have my city fire and police. Both are p25 encrypted but you can still see when they talk
P25 Conventional (non-trunked/single frequency) can only be Phase 1 with C4FM modulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.