SDRTrunk v 0.5.0 alpha 2 not showing tuners

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyndx

Installed latest version on Windows 10. Program opens but says "Disabled. RIght click to select a tuner" See attached photo. It doesn't accept a right click and in the tuner window, all the choices are grayed out. I'm using a Funcube Pro+ which is supposed to be one of the supported tuners. I tried connecting the Funcube before opening SDRTrunk and also after the program was opened. Neither way gets the tuner to come up.

I have been successful in using Unitrunker with the Funcube to decode a local APCO P25 system but was curious to try this program.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot SDRtrunk.jpg
    Screenshot SDRtrunk.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 26

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Are there any errors in the application log in the section where it enumerates the usb devices?

lyndx

Thanks for your responses. Problem was 2 fold. First, Funcube had to be plugged into the USB 2.0 slot in order to work in this program, though it works fine in the USB 3.0 slot in SDR#. Second, it needed the ExtIO_FcdProPlus.dll in the bin folder in order for it work properly. Once I copied that file into the bin folder and changed the USB port, I was able to hear a few of the unencrypted transmissions from the local county APCO P25 system.

With Unitrunker, I was not able to hear any voice transmissions, but am not sure if that was because 99.9% of them are encrypted or if that program is less capable. Need to spend more time learning SDRTrunk now that it's working.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Are there any errors in the application log in the section where it enumerates the usb devices?

Does SDRTrunk support the Funcube Dongle? Is there a particular list of supported chips/tuners that SDRTrunk supports?

Edit: Okay, I'm an idiot, I looked at the wiki several times and didn't even see it in plain sight the list of supported devices right on the wiki home page.

Also, a bit off topic, but on the github, I see you are or were working on DMR? Still working on that, or is a project on the back burner?

Last edited:

lyndx

The description on GitHub said that both the Funcube and the Funcube Pro Plus were supported by the this version, but that didn't seem to be the case. Since this version is an Alpha version, perhaps this is one of the unresolved issues that eventually will be fixed?

BTW, I wasn't the person working on DMR on GitHub. I don't have any tech or programming skills :)

Status
Not open for further replies.