SDRtrunk v0.5.0 -alpha 6 wont play when I hit play button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorndike113

I cant find any help on this. I downloaded the new version of SDRtrunk, it was working pretty good, much better than the previous version that needed me to reconfigure the inside of computer. When I open it lately, it keeps saying that it cant connect to radio reference, that the server is down or something. When I go in the playlist editor and hit play on the frequency I have confirmed is a control channel, it wont play. I hit play until the cows come home and it just sits there. It WAS working when I hit play when I first downloaded it. I tried putting in my radio reference credentials and it still doesnt work. Any ideas? Did I mess with something that I shouldnt have? Ive tried every menu on it and nothing.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
The only thing I can think of is to either double check the entries you have in your playlist for completeness, make sure each entry has the required information, etc. The other thing, if you don't have a lot of info in SDRTrunk to lose, is to simply close SDRTrunk and rename or delete the SDRTrunk folder in your home directory/documents or where all the settings, playlists, etc are stored and start from scratch. That would eliminate if anything was accidentally changed and you can't figure out what it was. Might also be worthwhile to double check to make sure SDRTrunk is seeing your tuners and that they are available and ready to be tuned and that you aren't actively using another SDR application when opening SDRTrunk.

Also, you might not be able to log into Radio Reference because that requires a premium membership.

Thorndike113

I actually did delete everything SDRtrunk out of my computer (the folder its stored in, all app data etc) and tried starting over. No luck. From what I can see, ive entered everything correctly. For some reason when I click on 'Play' it wont play. The waterfall works at least. It is recognizing my SDR dongles. Im going to keep trying to figure this out. Like I said, it was working at one point and then I went to open it one day and hit the play button over and over and nothing.

Thorndike113

Just filled in all the info spots (System, Site, Name, and Alias list) I am now up and running. Seems as though, those fields are required to get it to play. Thank you for your help.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Just filled in all the info spots (System, Site, Name, and Alias list) I am now up and running. Seems as though, those fields are required to get it to play. Thank you for your help.
Yea I was gonna post this solution. I had this same problem and drove me a whacky until I filled in any blank spots with anything at all

Status
Not open for further replies.