SDRTrunk w/Trunking Recorder AND Rdio-Scanner

KC1SES

Premium Subscriber
I have been using SDRTrunk with Trunking recorder for a while now to monitor/record my local P25 system with a ton of success (outside crashes in SDRTrunk due to it running on an underpowered computer). I highly recommend this setup for anyone who prefers archival/recall of calls versus live streaming. I tend not to have the scanner running, but like to be able to hop on and see recent calls when there is activity in my area.

I am now looking at Rdio-Scanner and loving what the interface has to offer, but It seems that I cannot use Trunking Recorder at the same time as Radio. Does anyone have experience using both?

Setup is currently SDRTrunk for Monitor/Recording files.
Ingesting to Trunking Recorder and deleting original files. This allows the Trunking Recorder web interface to do most of what I am looking for.
When I set up Rdio I set it to reference the Trunking Recorders save location and using DIRWatch, initially with Delete After enabled. But this deletes the original files, that I still want available to Trunking Recorder. I just switched off the Delete After, but it seems to be a setting people recommend keeping on.

It also started playing the files back from when I initially set the system up, rather than being the most recent files.

Is there a way to use both services at the same time?

Alternatively I could move to Rdio and remove trunking recorder from the mix as it seems that it can do the archival recall as well.

Looking to hear any thoughts the community might have.
Thanks!

Edit, turned off Delete After and it seems like I can run both services at the same time, still would love to hear about experiences doing so if anyone has any.

Last edited:

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
If we can talk to the Dev of Trunking-Recorder to add the API for Rdio like he did for Broadcastify that would allow you to do it.
Each time it grabbed a recording it would upload it to Rdio via the API and you would not need the DIRWatch.

KC1SES

Premium Subscriber
I posted on the Rdio-Scanner GitHub page about the subject and have emailed scanner box (Trunking Recorder) we will see what happens.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I posted on the Rdio-Scanner GitHub page about the subject and have emailed scanner box (Trunking Recorder) we will see what happens.
You hear much back? It would need to be built into Trunking Recorder, Rdio will accept as long as Trunking can upload to the API.

KC1SES

Premium Subscriber
I did, Jason has not used Rdio and doesn't know what effort would be required to support the API. He said he would look into it but can't give an estiated time frame.

scan18

Premium Subscriber
I have been using SDRTrunk with Trunking recorder for a while now to monitor/record my local P25 system with a ton of success (outside crashes in SDRTrunk due to it running on an underpowered computer). I highly recommend this setup for anyone who prefers archival/recall of calls versus live streaming. I tend not to have the scanner running, but like to be able to hop on and see recent calls when there is activity in my area.

I am now looking at Rdio-Scanner and loving what the interface has to offer, but It seems that I cannot use Trunking Recorder at the same time as Radio. Does anyone have experience using both?

Setup is currently SDRTrunk for Monitor/Recording files.
Ingesting to Trunking Recorder and deleting original files. This allows the Trunking Recorder web interface to do most of what I am looking for.
When I set up Rdio I set it to reference the Trunking Recorders save location and using DIRWatch, initially with Delete After enabled. But this deletes the original files, that I still want available to Trunking Recorder. I just switched off the Delete After, but it seems to be a setting people recommend keeping on.

It also started playing the files back from when I initially set the system up, rather than being the most recent files.

Is there a way to use both services at the same time?

Alternatively I could move to Rdio and remove trunking recorder from the mix as it seems that it can do the archival recall as well.

Looking to hear any thoughts the community might have.
Thanks!

Edit, turned off Delete After and it seems like I can run both services at the same time, still would love to hear about experiences doing so if anyone has any.
Not sure if you’re aware, but the latest alpha version of SDRTrunk (0.6 alpha6) has rdio-scanner api support built in. I’ve been testing it out and it seems to be working well. So you can send to rdio-scanner directly from SDRTrunk and continue to use the recording files for Trunking Recorder ingest.

KC1SES

Premium Subscriber
I did not realize that. I am currently struggling to get it running. Under the URL should I just be putting in 127.0.0.1?

scan18

Premium Subscriber
I did not realize that. I am currently struggling to get it running. Under the URL should I just be putting in 127.0.0.1?
Are you using the default port of 3000 for rdio-scanner? If so, try this:

I also had to change the system id to something other than 0. If you have an existing system id in rdio-scanner, I assume you would put it there. I was starting from scratch and have rdio-scanner set to auto populate systems/talkgroups, so I just put a 1 there.

I also have rdio-scanner setup to use port 80, so not sure if specifying the port in the URL will work. My rdio-scanner instance is running on a raspberry pi on my network, so my URL field looks like this:

http://x.x.x.x/api/call-upload where x.x.x.x is the ip address of my pi.

KC1SES

Premium Subscriber
That did the trick! I was missing the /api/call-upload.
I am now running SDRTrunk into Trunking Recorder via recorded files, and into Rdio via the API. This is slick. Thank you for the help! I will update this thread if it causes any issues, but so far I recommend this setup.

dimab

Are you using the default port of 3000 for rdio-scanner? If so, try this:

I also had to change the system id to something other than 0. If you have an existing system id in rdio-scanner, I assume you would put it there. I was starting from scratch and have rdio-scanner set to auto populate systems/talkgroups, so I just put a 1 there.

I also have rdio-scanner setup to use port 80, so not sure if specifying the port in the URL will work. My rdio-scanner instance is running on a raspberry pi on my network, so my URL field looks like this:

http://x.x.x.x/api/call-upload where x.x.x.x is the ip address of my pi.
this worked! i couldn't find this part of the documentation anywhere. I did find an odd behavior that if you set a talkgroup to "record", it doesn't send it through the API. Once I removed all TGs from the Record option, it fed into the API fine.