SDS100/SDS200: sds 100 - availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemun

Feed Provider
I am a dealer and my distributor keeps telling me 2 weeks...every 2 weeks for the past 2 months.

MStep

Bearcat wear house. Has plenty in stock. Received my last week..

You must be looking at a different Bearcat Warehouse. The one I am looking at reports " BACK IN STOCK THE WEEK OF MARCH 15TH! TAKING PRE-ORDERS."

Perhaps this is a different Bearcat "Wear"house Operation, but "where" it is, no one knows. Can you provide a link to the site you are looking at?

bobmich52

I have bought a SDS 100 & 200 with no issues from bearcat warehouse

My 200 bought a short time ago was in a similar backorder situation such as now

My only complaint with them that it was IMMEDIATLY put on my credit card & I had to wait 3 weeks to get it, Not like amazon when you buy something on back order, They don't charge you UNTIL it ships

Not the end of the world, BUT:eek::rolleyes:

MStep

I have bought a SDS 100 & 200 with no issues from bearcat warehouse

My 200 bought a short time ago was in a similar backorder situation such as now

My only complaint with them that it was IMMEDIATLY put on my credit card & I had to wait 3 weeks to get it, Not like amazon when you buy something on back order, They don't charge you UNTIL it ships

Not the end of the world, BUT:eek::rolleyes:

BUT is right !!! More like a kick in the BUTT. A significant disadvantage to anyone running a low credit level that may see it somewhere else and not have the available funds on their card to purchase it until they attempt a cancel process with Bearcat Warehouse, if in fact, that is the way they run their operation.

Can someone else who has attempted a recent purchase of a backordered item confirm that this is the way they are running their operation?

MStep

UPDATE ON BEARCAT WAREHOUSE

Found this tidbit buried in their FAQ:

Q: When will my card be charged?

Our credit card processor is configured to capture the full amount due upon successful order submission.

Note: It does not say upon successful order completion, but does say upon successful order submission. This would seem to support bobmich52's statement above (post # 12 in this thread) that they immediately charge your card, even if the item is on backorder.

True Caveat emptor (from the Latin), Let The Buyer Beware.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
If you order something and the vendor bills immediately after letting customers know in their FAQ that that is their business model, it is not unethical.

Bearcat Warehouse takes a beating from some in these forums and it is unwarranted. If one doesn't like their business model, then shop elsewhere, but don't imply or insinuate that they are somehow 'shady' or compromised in their ethics. It costs them capital to accept and the deal with canceled orders.

And no... I have no relationship with BW, their owners, etc. I've never purchased anything from them.

bobmich52

To be perfectly clear

I was well aware of BCW policies B4 i bought my 200, It is just my thoughts about it, it would be nice if they didn't charge B4 shipping, Its the old dog in me mind U, BUT when U play in their sandbox, Do U understand what I'm saying every1??

Stop Knocking BCW folks, I have had nothing but Good experiences with them & will use them again as soon as my $1400 drops in my bank account, 1/2 in savings, 1/2 4 a SDS 200

I like my toys, How about the rest of ya??

NUFF SAID;)

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Many times it is not up to the vendor as to when the charge is made - it's up to the card processor. This is particularly true for website orders.

Not everyone is Amazon.

MStep

To be perfectly clear

I was well aware of BCW policies B4 i bought my 200, It is just my thoughts about it, it would be nice if they didn't charge B4 shipping, Its the old dog in me mind U, BUT when U play in their sandbox, Do U understand what I'm saying every1??

Stop Knocking BCW folks, I have had nothing but Good experiences with them & will use them again as soon as my $1400 drops in my bank account, 1/2 in savings, 1/2 4 a SDS 200

I like my toys, How about the rest of ya??

NUFF SAID;)

Great to hear Bob. As long as you were aware of their policies and you had that amount available on your card to tie up for three weeks, God Bless Ya! I seemed to get the impression from your first post that you may have got taken by surprise. Maybe I misread your post about your "complaint" and the "Eek Eek" and "Rolling Eyes" icons.

Not everyone is in that kind of healthy financial situation at this time, so I'm glad that you raised the point, and I was able to shed some additional light for those who may not have known their policy.

And I agree with what you just said above, "it would be nice if they didn't charge B4 shipping". But you're right---- if you're gonna play in their sandbox, they get to make the rules. It's just nice to have other options available, and yes, in the long run, it's really about our "toys" As my girlfriend used to lament, the only difference between men and boys, is the price of their toys.

I have dealt with Bearcat Warehouse on several occasions and have never had any problems, but then again, I have always ordered items that were in stock, so I generally got everything within a few days of placing my order.

As Joe Bearcat aptly points out, "Not everyone is Amazon". Which is one of the reasons I recommend to friends who are interested in the SDS series, to use Amazon, since their policy is to charge when they ship.

In any event, great luck and have fun with that new toy. And for those still waiting, I understand the "magic date" is March 15, which is just a few days away, so this may all be moot anyway.

bobmich52

Stimulus check dropped @ 0507 today my time, SDS 200 ordered 1240 my time, from BCW

The rest is going into the bank:)

They say they will be starting to ship them Friday 3-19 & into the week after

Going to put my other SDS 200 in the car, Its generally set up the way I like it

Gonna take a walk on the wild side this time & not have it county programmed, Just Zip code scan to start & in due time build & install a favorites list

TOY TIME
From a ham of 69 years and SWLing before that; mostly here is over-kill and most brag of natural gas backup. What ya gonna do when the natural gas doesn't work for various reasons beyond your reach?

My backup was a Coleman cooler under the desk with a deep cycle battery in it and a good 120 volt charger plus 180 watts of solar panels keeping battery topped and desulfated via a good charge controller. Never failed me in that time and many weather or power system related outages. You guys are so much into overkill! Spend more time on the air.
...and here lies the problem. If your "financial situation" is such in a way you don't have enough money to cover a purchase of a new toy, probably shouldn't purchase the new toy until your situation is in better shape..

Status
Not open for further replies.