SDS100/SDS200: sds 100 - availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Hi All!
Well according to U.P.S. My SDS100 will arrive This Thursday! I have formatted a 128Mb SD card (scandisk) to fat32 , I use one in my BCD536 without any problems. I formatted another one for the SDS100, I expect that it will work out the same. If you want to try it, you need a program like Aomei to format it then use Sentinel to clear all date. Then all you have to do is up your favorites to the card. Bingo it works. It can be a little tricky. This 71 year old man brain is not what it use to be (if it ever was). If you need the space or just want the space give it a try. I did it because Joe Bearcat mentioned it in passing in another post.

Well, happy scanning
Al
U.S.A.S.A

I have to say that for being such an advanced radio the SDS100 was probably one of the easiest scanners I have ever set up out of the box. But, that's only because I have a BCD536HP and I was already familiar with the programming aspects of Sentinel, therefore I had a saved profile and programming ready to plug and play when it arrived. Updated firmware and database and downloaded my preset programming into the radio and - voila' - it was instantaneous simulcast gratification. Easy peasy, for sure. I was one of the last early adopter holdouts, having rec'd my scanner just before the big battery came out. Nothing but perfection since, and all of my early adopter fears were unfounded. I am awaiting my 3rd SDS200 (arriving today from REMtronix) a refurb unit from Uniden in Texas. First time refurbish for me, so I am anxious to see how it performs and how it looks. Ready to plug n' play! Where's that big brown truck?? :)

KF5MUQ

I ordered a SDS100 yesterday from Bearcat Warehouse, and got a notice that they shipped this morning (w/ a UPS tracking number). So it was in stock for me as of yesterday.
My SDS100 arrived already, shipped second day air by Bearcat Warehouse. Much faster than expected!

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Mine just got here about 2 hrs ago. Very satisfied so far with the refurbished unit. No hums. Looks brand new. Nice Remtronix hinged antenna enclosed - REM-830B - haven't tried it yet. Just shot it with a dose of Sentinel and it's up and running. So far so good. Nice to hear both city PD and county again without cancelling out each other. Why I ever sold my other SDS200 I‘ll never know. I definitely need 2 SDS scanners here to follow my whole county and local PD. Now we’re all set and good to go 😉

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The factory refurb SDS100 that I ordered from Remtronix arrived today. Listening to it as I type this.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Mine just got here about 2 hrs ago. Very satisfied so far with the refurbished unit. No hums. Looks brand new. Nice Remtronix hinged antenna enclosed - REM-830B - haven't tried it yet. Just shot it with a dose of Sentinel and it's up and running. So far so good. Nice to hear both city PD and county again without cancelling out each other. Why I ever sold my other SDS200 I‘ll never know. I definitely need 2 SDS scanners here to follow my whole county and local PD. Now we’re all set and good to go 😉
(y)

Wasn't this "supposed" to be a gift to your son? :unsure:

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
No, read previous post - I scored an SDS200 from a hammy on the local net. I had talked to Raj about his refurbished scanners and decided what the heck I've regretted selling my other one and not having 2 scanners on my local systems, so I got a wild hair and went to Raj and bought me another one lol. It's a sickness, I tell ya. Almost as bad as GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome) It never stops...

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
No, read previous post - I scored an SDS200 from a hammy on the local net. I had talked to Raj about his refurbished scanners and decided what the heck I've regretted selling my other one and not having 2 scanners on my local systems, so I got a wild hair and went to Raj and bought me another one lol. It's a sickness, I tell ya. Almost as bad as GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome) It never stops...

We all understand..lol!

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Oops, that's not in this thread, it's in the other thread I started about SDS200...Anyone? I posted there after finding an SDS200 here in Dayton, and before that someone else posted about REMtronix on my thread, so I contacted Raj and he sold me and I couldn't resist. I have to say I am very pleased, if he told me it was brand new I would have believed him. Mint.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
We hear you JD, I wouldn't say it is a sickness oh, I look at it more like... an illness. :) by the way we both suffer from GAS but mine has nothing to do with guitars.

We are both Pickers also but you are a different kind than I am. I recently got rid of a lot of stuff that I have picked over the years.

Congratulations on getting a mint SDS 200!

Status
Not open for further replies.