SDS 100 CUSTOM SEARCH/SCANNING PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercritter1

I was hoping someone could help me out , so I have a trx1 and a sds100, and there seems to be a problem with scanning and searching for new frequencies on them. You see when I search for a channel or scan it will do just fine, but sometimes it will go to frequency, receive it for a few seconds, then it will make 3 static sounds over the transmission then it will
Mute the rest of the transmission, I have tried all filter options and have tried different antennas, even travled away from my area thinking it could just be interference, but same issue, it does this with the sds100 and trx1, someone mentioned it might be a problem with the filter settings just added but it couldn’t be because it was doing this way before the new firmware was released, thanks-Chris Williams-K5RCW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milcom_chaser

What frequency? Is this an analog signal or digital? Need more specifics please. Upload a video with the radio turned up so we can hear it as well.

Last edited:

supercritter1

Seems to be just analog , it’s on all frequencies except airband, ill see if I can record something

Here’s a YouTube link to my video

Any ideas?

milcom_chaser

Interesting the RSSI meter at -60dBm vs -101dBm where the signal plays fine once PL decoding opens the audio. Noticed you have an external antenna connected. Does this happen with the stock supplied antenna? If you put the radio on a WX freq. say 162.40 or whatever is used in your area, does the signal still get knocked out?

dfw1193

The CTCSS tone on your received frequency must match what is set in that picture it is set at 156.7 Hz. If a transmission occurs on that frequency without that set CTCSS tone you will not hear it and will result in probably what you are hearing.

peewee007

Gary Hanson
Feed Provider
I have this same issue..it happens on analog signals that don't have a ctcss tone set also. Notice the "Link" just below the date..My radio does that also..it's like it's trying to decode what it thinks is adigital stream on an analog signal..The only workaround I've found is actually saving the frequency into the Favorites list and saving/setting the tone..Otherwise, this happens very frequently during custom searching or Favorites Searching frequencies without a tone manually set

Ubbe

If the the actual signal are -101dBm with a lot of noise and then suddenly it shows -60dBm, it's a tell tale sign that another transmitter are interfering with the reception and desense or blocks the original signal. The Uniden SDS type of scanners are more sensitive to that type of interference and the Whistler TRX series are not handling VHF frequencies that well that you would expect from such an expensive scanner.

/Ubbe

supercritter1

If the the actual signal are -101dBm with a lot of noise and then suddenly it shows -60dBm, it's a tell tale sign that another transmitter are interfering with the reception and desense or blocks the original signal. The Uniden SDS type of scanners are more sensitive to that type of interference and the Whistler TRX series are not handling VHF frequencies that well that you would expect from such an expensive scanner.

/Ubbe

It’s strange, and I should’ve mentioned that I also have a 436 HP and it never has this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.