SDS100/SDS200: SDS 100 inbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I have posted in the media section my junkie desktop this morning. Excuse the mess but I have ordered a 18U Cabinet and 6 1U shelves to clean up the mess.
Sweet... I use the SDS 100 for my LSM affected systems using the remtronix and my x36s for other systems and conventional channels using my 3 rooftops so I try not to miss anything.

I can see that you're not missing anything LOL.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Push menu, go to settings and set global filter to normal. It should already be there as that is the default. That will put every object in the radio on normal filter

Then you play around. Forget Auto as that samples both normal and inverted filter on every object and it takes all day. Your three choices are normal, invert and none at all.

You just have to play around different results for everybody. Most objects and systems work okay with normal for me, a few systems work far better with invert and I noticed that aircraft towers near by me work the best with no filter at all.

Leaving Global on normal which is the default you can change the filter to anything you want by going to a systems site. You can change conventional channels by going to the Department of that channel and choosing filters. That will affect all channels in that department.

It's kind of fun but it takes some time and remember everybody's area is different.

crazzycatman

Premium Subscriber
Just got my SDS 100 unboxed and programmed. I am BLOWN away by how well it sounds on analog. All the negative comments really had my expectations low but it sounds really good on my local police/fire VHF channels. Sitting beside the BC1125AT, and 536HP it sounds great.

Very limited on digital so far, did hear some transmissions on NC VIPER but my 536 definitely has better reception with the external antenna.

Now just going to play with the colors and all the screen data gadgets. Looking forward to traveling this week to check out an area where I got a little simulcast issues on 436.

Small battery/door is inbound and should arrive by end of week. Need a screen protector, any recommendations?
BEST SKINS EVER

lowes1

I'm ready to pull the trigger on an SDS 100. I'm thinking of getting an additional battery with a charger. I now have a GRE PSR 500 and can easily remove its battery door so I can replace my recharged AAs with no problem. I was wondering if anyone has purchased the additional battery and can give their opinion as to whether the Uniden SDS 100 battery cover is able to withstand constant opening and closing for battery changes.

RT48

I'm ready to pull the trigger on an SDS 100. I'm thinking of getting an additional battery with a charger. I now have a GRE PSR 500 and can easily remove its battery door so I can replace my recharged AAs with no problem. I was wondering if anyone has purchased the additional battery and can give their opinion as to whether the Uniden SDS 100 battery cover is able to withstand constant opening and closing for battery changes.

I've only had mine for 11 days and I seem to be changing the battery once a day. It doesn't seem like the cover latch is going to be a problem as long as I take my time and unlatch it carefully. It unlatches easily so it's not like I have to struggle to open it. I'm just being careful since I read a few people did break their latch.

lowes1

Thanks for the reply RT48. I am also in Cuyahoga County. There is plenty of simulcast to listen to in this area. How well are you picking up Greater Cleveland and Marcs IP systems with your new scanner?

RT48

Thanks for the reply RT48. I am also in Cuyahoga County. There is plenty of simulcast to listen to in this area. How well are you picking up Greater Cleveland and Marcs IP systems with your new scanner?

I listen to both and I get great results. My favorites list is built around all the cities surrounding me. Berea, Olmsted Falls/Township are on GCRCN and Bay Village, North Olmsted, Westlake, Fairview Park, Rocky River, Lakewood and Cleveland Metroparks all on MARCS-IP. All great.

I've also noticed it picks up more traffic than the 436 I have been using for the last five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.