Sds 100 Lettering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundman

Is there a way to change the lettering so when the police come up it blue or when the fire come up it red or medic come up it yellow . I really hate that light . We payed good money for this scanner .That should be some that came with this scanner .

See if it's covered in here:

6) It is hard to see the color screen in sunlight, what can I do?

The SDS100 color screen is a thing of beauty but can be difficult to read in direct sun. If you go into display settings you can select white on black or black on white instead.

7) What are the “Detail” and “Simple” screen modes?

The SDS100 has a fully customizable display. You can set it up to display just the basic information (Simple) or all kinds of special information (Detail) when receiving. Almost every item can be positioned where YOU want to put it. You can even select the colors each item is displayed in.

Last edited:

RadioSc

Doesn't play well with others
SDS 100 is a milestone breakthrough in customizing the screen to the lights on top of the scanner. Just like Doc said. If you compare the SDS 100 to the 436HP. You'll be like wow so many colors is this 4K

Soundman

I do use the color most of the time but that still does not help me . I would like to have blue for police and red for fire . When a call come up . Thanks for the response back .

RadioSc

Doesn't play well with others
$700 scanner you'll think they put some type of resolution in it. I got the very first Samsung Note 1 when it came out. It had ok resolution. That's 8 to 9 years ago.

Soundman there is a setting to make the screen flash a color of your choice when it comes across a channel that you have prioritized. You can have a channel make sound flash a certain color and etc.

Soundman

I don't need that I just would like the color to be blue for police and red to be fire that all .But I gess thy don't have that . It would be so easy to do that . If someone could look into that .That would be great . Thank you all for the help .

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Where is this "Screen color flash" setting?

It is amusing that the lack of proper backlighting finds it's way to "Enable black and white display" ....I didn't pay good money for a black and white display just to be able to see it in the daylight, I want the color display, and to be able to see it in daylight, just like my Motorola color screens are able to do.

Joe_Blough

No there is no way to change it the way you want. Should be easy to do in firmware but doubt you will see it.

Soundman

Thy should make where you can change the color in the service types . Police could be blue and fire can be red ,ems yellow, aircraft green, ems tac whatever color . But it would be really nice to have that . Who could we bring this up to .

phask

Premium Subscriber
Thy should make where you can change the color in the service types . Police could be blue and fire can be red ,ems yellow, aircraft green, ems tac whatever color . But it would be really nice to have that . Who could we bring this up to .
You can set the alert light to do this but not any lettering.

In Sntinelyou need to sort each system by type then you can copy/paste the color.

With Proscan you can do a scanner wide search and replace, one type at a time.o

LouieCT

Premium Subscriber
I don't need that I just would like the color to be blue for police and red to be fire that all .But I gess thy don't have that . It would be so easy to do that . If someone could look into that .That would be great . Thank you all for the help .

do you mean the lights on the top left of the scanner?

teknishun

Is there a way to change the lettering so when the police come up it blue or when the fire come up it red or medic come up it yellow . I really hate that light . We payed good money for this scanner .That should be some that came with this scanner .

The answer is NO - the scanner cannot change the color of the text to be different for police, fire, or medic
because those labels all appear in the exact same place on the screen. You can select what color the text
will be by using the color bars in the Edit Display function of Sentinel, BUT every text tag that appears there
will be the same color. The best you can do is to use the light on the SDS100. Actually, I prefer the light because even
from clear across the room I can tell if it is a police, fire or ems broadcast. It just wasn't designed to change
the text color for different transmissions. Maybe it "should" have been, but it is not! Neither will the SDS200.

Status
Not open for further replies.