SDS 100 Owner's Manual misprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirt992

Premium Subscriber
Manage favorites it says see list on page 23 the problem is it is on page 23 it is the same on the online version. I m try to fix scan mode nothing to scan

tvengr

Well Known Member
There are several common mistakes that can cause Nothing to Scan. In the profile, the proper service types must be enabled. Both Download and Monitor must be ON for a favorites list to scan. Download sends the list to the scanner. Monitor enables scanning. In the scanner menu, go to Set Scan Selection > Select Lists to Monitor. You will see if the list is on or off. Scroll to the list and press E to toggle between On and Off. If favorites lists are assigned quick keys, they must be on. At least one system in a favorites list must be enabled.

tvengr

Well Known Member
For BCD436HP, BCD536HP, SDS100, & SDS200 may also apply to HP-1 and HP-2
  1. A location has to be set in 'Set Your Location' to monitor the Database.
  2. You must enable at least one Favorites List or the Full Database in 'Set Scan Selection>Select Lists to Monitor'.
  3. Favorites Lists or Systems with QK's assigned to them must be enabled with QK's or in 'Set Scan Selection>Manage Quick Key Status'.
  4. Make sure 'ID Search' is On for the system if no IDs are programmed.
  5. Service Types for the channels you want to monitor must be set to On.
  6. Any FL with 'Use Location Control' set to On must have locations programmed for the Departments and/or Sites.

If you are programming everything in Sentinel first and sending it to the scanner
  • Edit Profile>Scan Selection tab: Make sure 'Monitor' and 'Download' are On for FL's you want to scan.
  • Check or uncheck 'Monitor Full Database'.
  • Edit Profile>Service Types tab: Make sure the Service Types you want to monitor are checked.
  • Custom 1 is needed for miscellaneous channels.
  • Edit Profile>Location Settings tab: Make sure you have a location programmed for scanning the Full Database or FL's with 'Use Location Control' set to On.
  • Edit Profile>Quick Key Status tab: Make sure FLQK's are checked for FL's you want to monitor.
  • Edit Favorites List>System QK Status tab: Make sure SQK's are checked for systems you want to monitor.
  • Edit Favorites List>System>Options tab: Make sure 'ID Search' is On if no IDs are programmed.
  • Edit Favorites List>System>Dept/Site Quick Keys Status tab: Make sure Department/Site QK's are checked for departments/sites you want to monitor.
  • Edit Favorites List>System>Dept/Site>Location tab: Make sure Departments/Sites have locations programmed if 'Use Location Control' is set to On for the FL.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
“Nothing to Scan”

Here is a comprehensive listing of all the causes that produce the Nothing to Scan warning. If you see the “Nothing to Scan" warning on your display, it is caused by one or more of the following ;

Scanner Checklist:

1. A location has to be set in 'Set Your Location' to monitor the Database.

2. You must enable at least one Favorites List or the Full Database in 'Set Scan Selection>Select Lists to Monitor'.

3. Favorites Lists or Systems with QK's assigned to them must be enabled with QK's or in 'Set Scan Selection>Manage Quick Key Status'.

4. Make sure 'ID Search' is On for the system if no IDs are programmed.

5. Service Types for the channels you want to monitor must be set to On.

6. Any FL with 'Use Location Control' set to On must have locations programmed for the Departments and/or Sites.

If you are programming everything in Sentinel first and sending it to the scanner:

Edit Profile>Scan Selection tab: Make sure 'Monitor' and 'Download' are On for FL's you want to scan.

Check or uncheck 'Monitor Full Database'.

Edit Profile>Service Types tab: Make sure the Service Types you want to monitor are checked.

Custom 1 is needed for miscellaneous channels.

Edit Profile>Location Settings tab: Make sure you have a location programmed for scanning the Full Database or FL's with 'Use Location Control' set to On.

Edit Profile>Quick Key Status tab: Make sure FLQK's are checked for FL's you want to monitor.

Edit Favorites List>System QK Status tab: Make sure SQK's are checked for systems you want to monitor.

Edit Favorites List>System>Options tab: Make sure 'ID Search' is On if no IDs are programmed.

Edit Favorites List>System>Dept/Site Quick Keys Status tab: Make sure Department/Site QK's are checked for departments/sites you want to monitor.

Edit Favorites List>System>Dept/Site>Location tab: Make sure Departments/Sites have locations programmed if 'Use Location Control' is set to Onfor the FL. 8/7/2018 Upman added “Do you have any sites programmed and enabled? If not, you have NOTHING TO SCAN.”

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
We really need to have a sticky at the very top of the Uniden area "Nothing to Scan" checklist. This question comes up quite often it seems, at least once or twice a month.

dirt992

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the help and suggestions I end up reformatting micro drive now it works. Uniden needs to fix their owner's manual page 23 needs to be fix the online one is bad also.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the help and suggestions I end up reformatting micro drive now it works. Uniden needs to fix their owner's manual page 23 needs to be fix the online one is bad also.

Just curious, this is page 47 from the Uniden SDS100 manual linked in my post #6 above showing the trouble shooting for "Nothing to Scan". What online manual are you looking at when you say that page 47 doesn't show that?

in my manual it is Specifications no help

Man I'm living this one on the new SDS100 I just got. Man, wish it was easier, this has been my issue for sure.
So I had the scanner preprogrammed, I appended to Favorites List. Within that single P25 system I deleted many of the agencies I didn't want to listen to, saved, sent to scanner, went through the checklist(s) above and still nothing. Messed with location, monitor on, download on, range ... still "Scan Mode. Nothing to Scan." So frustrating.

Now if I go to the original programmed P25 favorite system everything comes through fine.

So I had the scanner preprogrammed, I appended to Favorites List. Within that single P25 system I deleted many of the agencies I didn't want to listen to, saved, sent to scanner, went through the checklist(s) above and still nothing. Messed with location, monitor on, download on, range ... still "Scan Mode. Nothing to Scan." So frustrating.

Now if I go to the original programmed P25 favorite system everything comes through fine.
Ok I am an idiot. I deleted the "SITES" thinking this were local small agencies.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I'm embarrassed by how long it took for me to get my SDS running. I did not want to even attempt the zip code feature and opted to program only Favorites. I wrote here about some of the issues; no picture of the unit pointing out all the connections, keys, definitions and more. It seems on one hand Uniden acts like the SDS and Sentinel are one entity (you need to use Sentinel to get things updated and going), but on the other hand doesn't explain clearly how to do things in each manner. One thing I wanted to do is edit the display. The documentation shows how to do this with scanner keys. But I wanted to edit in Sentinel, which is shown, but not clearly explained.

I've never liked the Uniden User Interface, although it has more capability than GRE's. The thing better in GRE is that everything is named with a user edited Text Tag, you don't get that with QK nor Departments/Sites in Uniden. The thing I like better in Uniden is how sites are handled for trunked systems. You can assign QKs and "easily" turn them on/off. In GRE you either lump them all together in one TSYS or duplicate TSYS objects (each with its sites).

As someone pointed out in another thread, this shows how much we all miss Paul (UPMAN).

Ubbe

I've never liked the Uniden User Interface, although it has more capability than GRE's.
It's always related to patent issues, that a manufacturer needs to come up with different ways to defeat patent infringments and still try to make it user friendly.

We all wish that the best functionality and features from each manufacturer could be combined into one product, but that will never happen, if it isn't a home built open source project for everone to build for himself. It could be a Uniden BCT15x hardware and its processor removed and replaced by a RaspberryPi type of open source CPU.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.