SDS 100 quick key issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nozzleman71

Premium Subscriber
Hello all hoping someone can give me a answer. I have a 436 and my buddy just got a sds100. I helped him program it and I have assigned quick keys to different banks(or at least I thought) I have his set up with quick keys 1-14 being assigned. The issue he is having is when he selects quick key 11 the radio just beeps and acts like that is not assigned. When we pull up the software is shows it as being assigned . Any suggestions ? Thanks

tvengr

Well Known Member
I helped him program it and I have assigned quick keys to different banks
The 436 and SDS100 do not have banks. They have favorites lists, systems, departments, and sites. Please export an hpe file of your favorites list and attach it and I will check it for problems.

Nozzleman71

Premium Subscriber
The 436 and SDS100 do not have banks. They have favorites lists, systems, departments, and sites. Please export an hpe file of your favorites list and attach it and I will check it for problems.
My bad on the terminology. I refer to them that way cause Im not smart enough to figure out the new ways LOL. I will have to get with him and get the file cause it was on his laptop. I appreciate the offer for help. Thanks

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
I've seen people forget a ".". Remember, it's "..11" not ".11".

Actually it depends on what QC level (there are 3 levels).
Favorites are X and E
Depts are .X and E
Channels/sites are ..X and E

tvengr

Well Known Member
Actually it depends on what QC level (there are 3 levels).
Favorites are X and E
Depts are .X and E
Channels/sites are ..X and E
That is incorrect!
Favorites Lists are X and E
Systems are .X and E
Departments/Sites are ..X and E

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
When the scanner is scanning, does the scanner show F1:0----------, F1:01-------- or F1:0*--------?

If its F1:0- etc., then Favorites List Quick Key 11 is not assigned meaning it hasn't been programmed to the scanner.

If its F1:01- etc., then Favorites List Quick Key 11 is assigned and should be scanned.

If its F1:0* etc., then FLQK 11 is assigned, but is currently turned off.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
That is incorrect!
Favorites Lists are X and E
Systems are .X and E
Departments/Sites are ..X and E

To refine that a little farther...

Favorites Lists are XX and E
Systems are XX.YY and E
Departments/Sites are XX.YY.ZZ and E

(XX/YY/ZZ can be one or two digits each)

While the quoted format will work AS LONG AS you are currently scanning the FL snd/or System you want to control, what I posted will always change the intended QK - even if you are currently scanning a different FL or System.

On the original post, if you have a 436 and use Sentinel, just open Sentinel, change the scanner type to the SDS100, and write to his scanner. You must be using the latest version of Sentinel to do this. It will then program his scanner the same as yours. You will lose some of the unique display settings, however.

If you want a more involved (but complete) way: Export your FL to an HPE file and store it on a flash drive. Install Sentinel on his PC, READ his SDS100, IMPORT your HPE file to his Sentinel, set the MONITOR ON and DOWNLOAD ON in the Profile as well as any Favorites List Quick key(s), then write that to his scanner. He will then retain the unique features like the display colors and layout.

Nozzleman71

Premium Subscriber
When the scanner is scanning, does the scanner show F1:0----------, F1:01-------- or F1:0*--------?

If its F1:0- etc., then Favorites List Quick Key 11 is not assigned meaning it hasn't been programmed to the scanner.

If its F1:01- etc., then Favorites List Quick Key 11 is assigned and should be scanned.

If its F1:0* etc., then FLQK 11 is assigned, but is currently turned off.
Thanks I will look at it and see which way it is.

Nozzleman71

Premium Subscriber
To refine that a little farther...

Favorites Lists are XX and E
Systems are XX.YY and E
Departments/Sites are XX.YY.ZZ and E

(XX/YY/ZZ can be one or two digits each)

While the quoted format will work AS LONG AS you are currently scanning the FL snd/or System you want to control, what I posted will always change the intended QK - even if you are currently scanning a different FL or System.

On the original post, if you have a 436 and use Sentinel, just open Sentinel, change the scanner type to the SDS100, and write to his scanner. You must be using the latest version of Sentinel to do this. It will then program his scanner the same as yours. You will lose some of the unique display settings, however.

If you want a more involved (but complete) way: Export your FL to an HPE file and store it on a flash drive. Install Sentinel on his PC, READ his SDS100, IMPORT your HPE file to his Sentinel, set the MONITOR ON and DOWNLOAD ON in the Profile as well as any Favorites List Quick key(s), then write that to his scanner. He will then retain the unique features like the display colors and layout.
Thanks will see if i can do that.

Nozzleman71

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the help, hope to meet back up with him and see if we can get it figured out. Again thanks to all, I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.