SDS 100 & SDS 200 Sentinel Database update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve2150

Using Sentinel updated the database on my SDS 200 this week and last, had target set for SDS200 it put in the new database. When I attempted to update the database on my SDS 100 and had the target set for the SDS 100 it said it had the latest database. Wouldn't both units have needed the updated database. Did I do something wrong or is one database updated and not the other. Thanks.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Using Sentinel updated the database on my SDS 200 this week and last, had target set for SDS200 it put in the new database. When I attempted to update the database on my SDS 100 and had the target set for the SDS 100 it said it had the latest database. Wouldn't both units have needed the updated database. Did I do something wrong or is one database updated and not the other. Thanks.

There is only one database in Sentinel. You need to write from Sentinel to both scanners to update each scanner. They both use the same database.

tvengr

Well Known Member
When you update the database, it only updates the database in your computer even if a scanner is connected to it. If you get a message that you have the latest database, that means you have the latest database in your computer. You have to write to each scanner to update the database in the scanners.

Steve2150

When you update the database, it only updates the database in your computer even if a scanner is connected to it. If you get a message that you have the latest database, that means you have the latest database in your computer. You have to write to each scanner to update the database in the scanners.
Thanks, I usually do my SDS200 first and it downloads the newest then I write it to scanner, gonna write it to the SDS100 now.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
As noted above, the database that your download from Uniden "resides" in your computer. It is then used by x36/SDSx00 version of Sentinel for the 436, 536, SDS100 and SDS 200 scanners on a common basis.

There is another version of the database that would be used by the HP1/HP2 version of Sentinel for the HP1/HP2 scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.