SDS 100 Secret Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

bvankl

Premium Subscriber
Ever since we have went to digital scanners, there has been computer programs and zip codes to help program these things. Trump is in town tomorrow and I am attempting to monitor secret service frequencies that I obtained from RR.

1. Does Uniden not have these frequencies loaded in this scanner (if so I can not find it)
2. The only way I have been able to add frequencies is from the keypad. I question if this is even being done right and I can not find how to do it using Sentinel.
3. I am starting to pull my hair out here and this should not be this complicated.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Ever since we have went to digital scanners, there has been computer programs and zip codes to help program these things. Trump is in town tomorrow and I am attempting to monitor secret service frequencies that I obtained from RR.

1. Does Uniden not have these frequencies loaded in this scanner (if so I can not find it)

I have not seen USSS freqs in the RR nationwide channels section of the database. The list you show is from the Wiki. You might be able to create a CSV file and import them into whatever programming software you are using. My favorite list of freqs is from @ChrisP on the site Fedfiles Blogspot.

Keep in mind the majority of the USSS comms are encrypted, but you can still get NACs and Radio IDs for them which are useful. Let us know if you find anything interesting.

bvankl

Premium Subscriber
I will give that a try and see what happens.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
If you're using Sentinel, just go to "Edit Favorites List" and select the list you want to put them in. You'll need to create a new system, make it "Conventional", and then just fill in the channels. That's the bare bones, but the process is pretty intuitive once you get into it.

N5XPM

Be patient. USSS is not going to be easy to find (if even possible) and not tell you much.
They have planned everything for awhile and probably don't need to talk on unencrypted radios much for the event.
Your local police and other public agencies will be active as well and probably much more informative to listen to.

bvankl

Premium Subscriber
Sounds good. I appreciate all the replies. I will try that GAW and load them in there.

If I hear something great, if not it’s no big deal.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Those listings that you see are very old. Honestly, seriously do you really think you'll be able to hear the Secret Service right along with the Iranian terrorist? LOL

They've got to be all encrypted. If local police have any frequencies available that are encrypted they also will do the same.

Funny story, the last time the VP came to my town the local police switched over to encrypted Ops channels. One of the guys didn't get the memo and kept announcing the route on the clear dispatch channel and the Secret Service was running out of alternates. He got the word pretty quickly and switched over to the Ops Channel.

There actually was a time when the feds used to use those VHF high frequencies and those UHF 1 channels in the clear. I used to listen to the DEA on those 400 megahertz channels even in the 80s.

Let us know if you do hear anything!

drdispatch

Premium Subscriber
When the POTUS & VPOTUS were here last month, there were several event talkgroups on the statewide system which were so active that it was all I could do to keep up. Wouldn't have heard much on the SS channels anyway.

MisterLongwire

Amateur radio operator/QC tech for radio mfr.
Banned
How can you be so naiive? If the Secret Service talks, trust me, you will not be hearing them, and if you do, the transmission will be so garbled and corrupted signal you wouldn't understand a thing. For all you know, they have frequencies that they utilize we never even fathomed.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
You MIGHT hear some logistical information on the local frequencies but nothing from USSS. The locals may talk about blocked off intersections or perhaps the progress of a motorcade but nothing that really matters. I suspect they'll also jam cell service.

drdispatch

Premium Subscriber
You MIGHT hear some logistical information on the local frequencies but nothing from USSS. The locals may talk about blocked off intersections or perhaps the progress of a motorcade but nothing that really matters. I suspect they'll also jam cell service.
There was a LOT of traffic on our statewide system. We had almost a dozen LE agencies here. Road closures, crowd control, incidents inside the arena (including a medical emergency), etc. Even if the SS were unencrypted, I would have picked up very little traffic from them due to how busy the P25 system was. And I was listening to the CAP F-16 pilots chatting and hooking up with the tanker, as well. Didn't really miss not hearing the SS.
And the cell jammer is a part of every Presidential motorcade. I wasn't along the route, though.

magic_lantern

" I used to listen to DEA stings/surveillance all the time, also was common to hear high VIPS and even presidents chatting on USB phone patches on shortwave, those days are long gone but memorable. "

those Mystic Star phone patches were great along with the "echo fox" network

GM

Premium Subscriber
Would it be good to check the mysterious 400-406 MHz band? I remember reading about that band being used for a temporary trunking system in a past issue of the Fed Files by Monitoring Times or Spectrum Monitor magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.