SDS 100 Secret Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymatt1978

I've thought about it and I'm seriously starting to doubt the Secret Service is really that interesting anyway besides knowing the exact location of the President. The transmission, I suspect, are quick. I'm actually going to the rally but know better than to bring a scanner. I would be more interested in the mil-air frequencies

ecps92

Regular search bands, IMHO, that I use are:
138-144, 148-150.8. 162-174. 380-400, 400-420

and Yes having observed [Visual and Monitored] there has been known to be 400-406 activity

Would it be good to check the mysterious 400-406 MHz band? I remember reading about that band being used for a temporary trunking system in a past issue of the Fed Files by Monitoring Times or Spectrum Monitor magazine.

ecps92

Seems everyone keeps thinking [reading between the lines] that the only thing the Secret Service does is protect the president.

There is also plenty of non Executive Protection activity

I've thought about it and I'm seriously starting to doubt the Secret Service is really that interesting anyway besides knowing the exact location of the President. The transmission, I suspect, are quick. I'm actually going to the rally but know better than to bring a scanner. I would be more interested in the mil-air frequencies

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Seems everyone keeps thinking [reading between the lines] that the only thing the Secret Service does is protect the president.

There is also plenty of non Executive Protection activity

Bill - Agree... some of the better listening from the old days was their other activities---- from their web site

Since its inception in 1865, the Secret Service was created to investigate and prevent counterfeiting. Today the agency’s investigative mission has evolved from enforcing counterfeiting laws to safeguarding the payment and financial systems of the United States from a wide range of financial and computer-based crimes. To combat these crimes, the Secret Service has adopted a proactive approach, using advanced technologies and capitalizing on the power of task force partnerships.

The U.S. Secret Service has a pivotal role in securing the nation’s critical infrastructures, specifically in the areas of cyber, banking and finance. Other directives address the need to combat transnational organized crime that targets the citizens and financial institutions of the United States. In response to the globalization of technology- based threats, the U.S. Secret Service’s investigative mission abroad is growing as well, creating the need for a heightened overseas liaison presence.

Today, multi-disciplined forensics experts, investigative experts and intelligence analysts provide rapid response and critical information in support of financial analysis, infrastructure protection and criminal investigations.

Cbman417

Ever since we have went to digital scanners, there has been computer programs and zip codes to help program these things. Trump is in town tomorrow and I am attempting to monitor secret service frequencies that I obtained from RR.

1. Does Uniden not have these frequencies loaded in this scanner (if so I can not find it)
2. The only way I have been able to add frequencies is from the keypad. I question if this is even being done right and I can not find how to do it using Sentinel.
3. I am starting to pull my hair out here and this should not be this complicated.

What system are they on p25?

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
What system are they on p25?
Your best source for picking up the Secret Service is this thread, read the whole thing, especially Post 9 + 15.

Last edited:

danesgs

I am sorry but the days of listening to Uncle Sams Super Snoopers are pretty much over. They use encryption on pretty much everything and they have a higher tech than most FEDS. And if if thats not enough enough of a downer, they use certain special cell phones for close in work. So other than a motorcade in the clear (unlikely) you will be in the dark. You could always stand out on the curb and wave at them, they get little recognition from the public.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Also i bet they would be using digital sat come cell phones and digital sat com radios as well. FEMA does use Sat Com Radios when they deploy task forces to other parts of the country after hurricane or tornado

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
WOW! The amount of negativity in this thread is unreal! He asked a question and it turned in to you wont hear this or you wont hear that. Help the guy with the frequencies and modes then let him sort it out. We all have our individual methods of listening and interests when we listen. Ten of us my listen to the same frequency and we may each take away something different from that transmission. The hobby is getting tougher by the day. We need to encourage him to listen to those frequencies. He may catch something unexpected that surprises us all. Help him with the frequencies. Help him with the mode. Help him with the system. Allow him to listen and learn. We need to all pull together as a monitoring community and help each other. Promote the hobby. Encourage each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.