Sds 100 will not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

llih

Have have had sds100 4 months and working great. Tonight it will not boot up. Made sure the screen backlight isnt off, put in new and charged battery. Made sure card is seated, tried with 2 external usb cords and chargers, tried with back up card, still no boot upwith power switch. Ideas?

RF23

Premium Subscriber
You might try removing all power and let the scanner set for about 5 minutes then supply power to it and see if the CPU will now boot.

The only other thing I can think of would be to try to reset the scanner back to factory default. In the 436 it is done this way:

Pressing and holding 2, 9, and Dept when you power on the scanner will reset the 436HP to factory defaults.

I can't seem to find in my SDS100 owners manual if this also works in the SDS100 or not.

Good luck and unless someone can think of something else you may have to send it to Uniden for repair.

K8EAA

Premium Subscriber
Replace the memory card??? Don't forget to format the new one before you load the programing. Worth a try.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I'll 2nd the memory card suggestion. This happened to me once with one of my 536HPs when it went completely dead. I tried everything and found that the SD card was faulty. After replacing it with another VOILA! Good as new

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Surprising what symptoms arise from a corrupted sd card. When all else fails, reformat or get a new one and see if that is the fix needed. My R8600 was powering off every time I implemented Group Memory Scan. On the phone with Icom and we narrowed it down to the sd card (a guess really) and that did it. Just a thought...

JD
kf4anc

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Have have had sds100 4 months and working great. Tonight it will not boot up. Made sure the screen backlight isnt off, put in new and charged battery. Made sure card is seated, tried with 2 external usb cords and chargers, tried with back up card, still no boot upwith power switch. Ideas?

Remove the sd card and then boot up the scanner without any sd card in it. If the screen then shows an error message for the sd card, that will confirm an sd card problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.