SDS100/SDS200: SDS 100 Windsor /Detroit UHF DMR MCSPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
I am looking at getting a new radio ,.. I Am in Windsor right across from Detroit , I can see the GM building from here ,..will mostly be used for UHF DMR ,& NXDN How well does it track & receive uhf dmr ? but also would like to get the Michigan public safety system,..I can get the Michigan control channels just fine with my 396t , but its choppy & will not track the system , If it can clearly track that system from here it would be huge bonus & open alot to monitor ,..In the summer I regularly monitor air , marine & milair frequencies as well , SO if its going to get me that Michigan system from here , that would be big plus ,..but if not ,..I imagine another model that does uhf dmr & Nxdn would be fine ,...Anyone from the area have one ? & use it on those systems ?

Hit_Factor

Everything on your list I monitor with my SDS100s, one in the vehicle and one as a base. You should not have any problem if you have line of site to the GM building. Never a problem tracking DMR trunked sites. I haven't found any as busy as MPSCS, so entering DMR and NXDN sites as none-trunked will get you started while you figure out the rest of the programming.

a29zuk

You might want to give the 325P2 a try. My 325P2 tracks the Genesee County simulcast much better than my 396T.
I do not have the NXDN upgrade, though.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.