sds 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

intel8967

Premium Subscriber
I just bought a sds100 will get it monday. I live in Erie,Pa Erie County. How And where can I buy a keys for all three upgrades.please help my email is intel8967@gmail.com thanks guys I,am a newbie to this site.

N8IAA

I just bought a sds100 will get it monday. I live in Erie,Pa Erie County. How And where can I buy a keys for all three upgrades.please help my email is intel8967@gmail.com thanks guys I,am a newbie to this site.

Why do you need ProVoice?? Nothing in Erie county uses that digital format.
DMR and NXDN are always useful. Save yourself some money. (y)

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
What does Dmr and Nxdn used for. I mean what does each one do.I,am new to digital scanners.

They are two different digital radio formats. Since the upgrades are $60 each, I would first listen for a while and determine that, indeed, something you wish to listen to uses those formats. The RR database for your county should be a starting point.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
What does Dmr and Nxdn used for. I mean what does each one do.I,am new to digital scanners.
I'm also in Erie. I don't have the upgrades, but the only system I know of here that uses DMR is the city bus company. The Erie County Next Gen Radio System forum is here, and is really helpful. Also the database page.

I'd be glad to try and answer any questions you have. I have an SDS200, not the 100, but very similar.

joekodak

Premium Subscriber
I agree with others, use the SDS100 as it comes and if you need an upgrade to receive something of interest, then buy that one. You pay a fee directly to Uniden, they email you a code that you input into the SDS100 and it unlocks the feature. As a newbie, the learning curve may be steep and frustrating. There is lots of good help here. There is some good help on Facebook but it is loaded with false info and sarcasm. Use the RadioReference forums to search for the answer to your questions, the answer is probably already in there. Good luck.

intel8967

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone. I had a 436 and could only get hospitals,EMS, paramedics and fire. I coudn,t pickup erie,millcreek, lake city or girard police. Why I?

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Thanks everyone. I had a 436 and could only get hospitals,EMS, paramedics and fire. I coudn,t pickup erie,millcreek, lake city or girard police. Why I?

Looking at that Erie County system, the RR database shows all Law enforcement as encrypted. You will not be able to hear them with the SDS100 either.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Looking at that Erie County system, the RR database shows all Law enforcement as encrypted. You will not be able to hear them with the SDS100 either.
Yes - for whatever reason, all PD is encrypted. They won't even let news media have radios. I suggested they put slightly delayed broadcasts on the web, like Akron PD, but I got no response to this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.