SDS-200 Alert Light Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill28227

Yesterday I got my new SDS-200. It works perfect, nice and clear, no hum and easy to use. However I have one question. I have the local police set to use a blue light on the LED display right below the name SDS200. However the light only stays on for a few seconds (maybe 2 or 3) even though the transmission and reply my take 10 or 15 seconds. Is there a setting to leave the LED lit the entire time the police are talking? Thanks
Bill

Is there a setting to leave the LED lit the entire time the police are talking?
No

Set Alert
• Set Alert Tone – Alert 1-9 or Off.
• Set Level Level – 1-15 or Auto (the master volume level).
• Set Alert Light – Off, Blue, Red, Magenta, Green, Cyan, Yellow, or White.
• Set Alert Pattern – On, Slow Blink, or Fast Blink

Ubbe

I wonder how much Uniden would need to pay to license a function that Whistler has a patent on? Even if it where $10 per scanner Uniden wouldn't need to mark up the price to make a profit on it, just add $10 to the selling price. The same with other things that might be a patent that Uniden leave out in their scanners, recording setable on each talkgroup and wildcards available to be configurable with alerts and recording and not just an idsearch option. The possibility to monitor and record encrypted transmissions for traffic analyzis purposes and when systems have a mix of open and encrypted conversations that now are handled in an unfriendly way. Filtered search with different selectable analog and digital modes. The possibility to filter out certain CTCSS tones from search and scan. If Uniden can charge $60 for the DMR option they could also have a $60 option to get the features that Whistler license out.

/Ubbe

Nasby

I wonder how much Uniden would need to pay to license a function that Whistler has a patent on? Even if it where $10 per scanner Uniden wouldn't need to mark up the price to make a profit on it, just add $10 to the selling price. The same with other things that might be a patent that Uniden leave out in their scanners, recording setable on each talkgroup and wildcards available to be configurable with alerts and recording and not just an idsearch option. The possibility to monitor and record encrypted transmissions for traffic analyzis purposes and when systems have a mix of open and encrypted conversations that now are handled in an unfriendly way. Filtered search with different selectable analog and digital modes. The possibility to filter out certain CTCSS tones from search and scan. If Uniden can charge $60 for the DMR option they could also have a $60 option to get the features that Whistler license out.

/Ubbe

And their AGC function. Whistler / GRE has mastered and perfected it. The AGC feature is pretty much useless on the Uniden models.

Reactions: RRR

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I wish on the display, where you set the backlight timer for "open squelch" that the display would stay on a second or two longer than it does, as it is now, as soon as the mike is released, the display cuts back off.

The indicator light as discussed will stay lit for a few seconds after a short transmission.

Kaleier1

I wish on the display, where you set the backlight timer for "open squelch" that the display would stay on a second or two longer than it does, as it is now, as soon as the mike is released, the display cuts back off.

I said the same thing in another thread. Often times I look up to see what department was talking and the display is already blacked out. Would be easy to make this an option with the user able to set the delay time for a certain amount of seconds.

The other common sense thing they should have is to have the key pad backlight off, but if you press a key it comes on and stays on for 5 or 10 seconds until after the last key is pressed.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I just wonder why the SDS100 display is so much brighter than the SDS200 display. In any daylight conditions (in a vehicle) it is hard to see. 100 can be easily seen in the same setting

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Do believe because the SDS100 has a higher resolution display than the 200 because of it's smaller size...

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Resolution has nothing to do with screen brightness. It's the quantity and brightness of the backlight LEDs compared to the area of the screen.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Well, I wish I had more quantity of LED's then. Pretty sad that such a nice scanner has such a dim display.

Xray

I would like it if there was a simple option to have the screen come on during a transmission, and going off when there isn't. I just set the screen to stay on all the time now, was sick of it cutting out during transmissions.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I would like it if there was a simple option to have the screen come on during a transmission, and going off when there isn't. I just set the screen to stay on all the time now, was sick of it cutting out during transmissions.
That would be ideal.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

Under the Edit...Edit Profile...Display Options..Backlight option set to?

Kaleier1

Mine is set to do that. My complaint is that it turns off too quick after the transmission ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.