SDS 200 Analog audio dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

crevatis

I have found after being on a couple days straight, my SDS200 stops playing analog audio. Digital audio still works, but it won't even modulate the analog audio to even detect a PL. Restarting will fix it, but you first have to notice the transmissions are missing (BTW. Toggling the FTP server is a nice way to make it restart remotely in Proscan.) Has anyone else experienced this with this scanner?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
That's most likely a card problem, not firmware or hardware. Try a new card.

Kaleier1

How old is the scanner? I seem to recall this was a problem when the scanner first came out as was fixed by a firmware update.

crevatis

I'm not sure how old the card is. I have recording and replay all disabled. This and the 536 has a faint beep after transmissions, which I find annoying, so I leave that off. I put the original 8GB card back in and will see if it happens with that. Thanks.

crevatis

Just happened again today with the 8GB card the scanner came with. I don't think it the card. The card is new and this has happened with multiple cards. There is also no recording or replay data to be written to the card.

crevatis

Yes, but I already returned one due to a defective screen. I don't really feel like through that process again. I'd probably get another one with a bad screen or that hum people have posted about. I'd rather just restart it periodically if it comes to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.