SDS 200 and BCD536

Status
Not open for further replies.

flborror

Premium Subscriber
Is sentinel the best and only way to program these scanners I tried on the 200 from radio reference and did not get it to work. Have not tried the 536 yet

flborror

Premium Subscriber
ok thank you i have had both of these for over a year and never did anything with them until now. May put them on eBay and get a hand held my win

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
ok thank you i have had both of these for over a year and never did anything with them until now. May put them on eBay and get a hand held my win

Not sure what you mean by this:

I tried on the 200 from radio reference and did not get it to work. Have not tried the 536 yet

You can't connect directly to Radio Reference with those scanners.

Those other programs have some great additional features, but Sentinel will do everything that is required to program, update, and use those scanners.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I own both scanners and both related softwares. I use ARC536 for programming and ProScan for remote control and logging. Both have their pros and cons. It's probably just a habit I got into years ago. They both have free trials!

flborror

Premium Subscriber
I own both scanners and both related softwares. I use ARC536 for programming and ProScan for remote control and logging. Both have their pros and cons. It's probably just a habit I got into years ago. They both have free trials!
Thank you

flborror

Premium Subscriber
I may just put them on ebay and get a handheld since this is the first time I have tried to do anything with them. I may be having computer issues also. So i will have to try them again. I just thought a handheld might be somewhat better to travel with since i am now paranoid since my truck was broken into

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I may just put them on ebay and get a handheld since this is the first time I have tried to do anything with them. I may be having computer issues also. So i will have to try them again. I just thought a handheld might be somewhat better to travel with since i am now paranoid since my truck was broken into
The handhelds use the exact same software, so you need to figure out why Sentinel isn't working.

flborror

Premium Subscriber
ok thank you I am thinking it is my computer memory need to find out what the sentinel programs required

flborror

Premium Subscriber
My computer is saying it does not have enough memory to load the programs

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
My computer is saying it does not have enough memory to load the programs

Tell us more about your computer. What version of Windows are you running and have you been keeping it updated and virus free? What other apps do you have actively running on your computer in the background?

Bob1955

Is sentinel the best and only way to program these scanners I tried on the 200 from radio reference and did not get it to work. Have not tried the 536 yet
fiborror, Just enter your zip code or log onto YouTube and look at the video's before giving up and selling both of those fine scanners.

flborror

Premium Subscriber
Tell us more about your computer. What version of Windows are you running and have you been keeping it updated and virus free? What other apps do you have actively running on your computer in the background?
I will check when I get back home thankyou

flborror

Premium Subscriber
Windows 10 installed 2019 when i open task manager it shows 70 background processes running not sure if that is what you are asking about dont even know what they are

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Windows 10 installed 2019 when i open task manager it shows 70 background processes running not sure if that is what you are asking about dont even know what they are

That's a lot! I only have 42. Looking at the list does any have odd names that don't make any sense or names that look suspicious, or no name at all?

How many Apps running? What's shown in StartUp? How about memory utilization?

flborror

Premium Subscriber
On the Process tab of Task Manager, the second column from the left says "Memory". What percentage does it show?
It shows 61 % right now ( i don't know what some of these programs are

Bob1955

The Bearcat SDS-200 is a MUCH better radio then the SDS-100 from reviewers here and on eHam.net FYI
The speaker is small on handhelds and suffer low audio quality, especially when you are on a highway driving...just my advise.
Have a nice weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.