Sds 200 Anderson power poles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Looking for the best way to hook a Uniden sds200 to Anderson power pole connectors. Obviously cutting the plug and splicing the wires into the connectors is a option but is their other options especially if I want a bit longer cord length?
I could be mistaken but I thought the SDS200 came with two DC power cords? One with a plug that plugs into a cigarette lighter port, and a second that has no plug... just the two bare wires for +12 volts and ground. Attach your power pole connector to the latter...

If you only have the DC power cord with the cigarette plug, first check the Box the radio came in, they squirrel away pieces in the packing sleeves. If you still don’t find the DC cord that has no connector you can always cut the cigarette plug off that one and wire your power pole connector it it. (Then take that cigarette plug you cut off and wire a power pole connector to that. Now you can plug it back on to the cord and go either way with how you power your radio.)

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The SDS200 comes with a 3-pin power plug with tinned leads on the far end. You can put whatever plug you want on that end of the cable.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
That will work, but is probably more expensive than the plug for the cord you should already have.

N9JIG

Sheriff
If you are invested in PowerPoles then you probably have the ability and tools to install PP termination on the included cables. If so then create your cable using the red and black conductors of the 3-wire connector that comes with the radio or the red and black of the less sturdy coaxial power cable.

Spending something less than a dollar for a pair of PP connectors is a lot better than $8 for a pre-made cable, plus tax and shipping if applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.