SDS 200 Audio Recording Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Hi,

There a way to record the audio internally, and have it record hourly files?
(Each file is hourly, not individual transmissions, for the files)

I have it setup to Proscan, and I can do it that way. Via Proscan.

But when I record internally, it records each transmission individually.
There a setting to make it to where it records hourly?

Ex: 12am-1am is one file. 1am-2am is another file.
Instead of: 200 different files for each hour. (Each transmission is a new file)

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

JohnnyGent

Banned
Banned
Hi,

There a way to record the audio internally, and have it record hourly files?
(Each file is hourly, not individual transmissions, for the files)

I have it setup to Proscan, and I can do it that way. Via Proscan.

But when I record internally, it records each transmission individually.
There a setting to make it to where it records hourly?

Ex: 12am-1am is one file. 1am-2am is another file.
Instead of: 200 different files for each hour. (Each transmission is a new file)

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I have a SDS100, not that I know of, wish I did. I wanna be able to record from when I press record when I press the command, and NOT have the junk I already heard. I take a break, I record (internally) and have crap I already heard. Hope you find a Expert answer so I can learn if there is anything to learn myself.
Scan On!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Internal scanner recording does 100 files per folder, one transmission per file, and there isn't any way to group files by hour/day or whatever. It is what it is.

If Replay is active, everything in the Replay buffer is added to your recordings when you start recording. If you don't want that, turn Replay off, or shorten the Replay duration (e.g. 30 seconds vs 240).

JohnnyGent

Banned
Banned
Internal scanner recording does 100 files per folder, one transmission per file, and there isn't any way to group files by hour/day or whatever. It is what it is.

If Replay is active, everything in the Replay buffer is added to your recordings when you start recording. If you don't want that, turn Replay off, or shorten the Replay duration (e.g. 30 seconds vs 240).
Thank You for straight answer, I'm still very happy.
Scan On!

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Thanks for the quick responses. Much appreciated.

Do you think that Uniden could do a firmware update at some point, to give us that option?
Or is that wishful thinking? lol

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Thanks.

I have 1 other question that I hope someone can answer.

When I record it internally, on the sd card there is 2 folders.

One says internal and the other says user.

When I record, it goes to the user folder. So what is the internal folder for?

There a way we can record just an individual channel by itself?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Internal is where Replay recordings are temporarily stored.

There is no way to selectively record. You eather record everything, or nothing.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Ah right on. Thanks.

I thought I learned alot with the 536HP, but I still have to learn some stuff on the SDS200.

I just want to take a second and just say thank you for taking the time to respond, and respond quickly. Thank you

Ubbe

It's difficult to change anything in the recording function as it is using standard wav files where each file has information in a header area of the file, where the TG, UID, systems, frequency and so on are stored for the recording.

Having only one file, and one header, for an hour long recording you would get the audio but the information would be totally wrong for all but the first conversation.

Whistlers scanners can be set to record on a per TG basis or only unknown TG's, but it could be patent associated with it so that Uniden choose to not use those features. Each scanner has it's own positive and negative points so you probably need several different ones to satisfy your needs. The 536 and SDS200 have identical operations and features in their scanner functions so you'll get the same lack of recording options in both.

/Ubbe

gn32772

Premium Subscriber
While i like the Unidens better overall, i prefer the way the Whistlers do recording/playback. Each transmission is a separate file, so you can listen to some of them and then erase just those. Also when playing back, the Whistlers show the time/date that each transmission was recorded, and the duration of each. When playing back on the Unidens, the display just shows the current date/time.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
While i like the Unidens better overall, i prefer the way the Whistlers do recording/playback. Each transmission is a separate file, so you can listen to some of them and then erase just those. Also when playing back, the Whistlers show the time/date that each transmission was recorded, and the duration of each. When playing back on the Unidens, the display just shows the current date/time.
Proscan allows for the creation of separate files (if you check the box I outlined in red) and customization of file names to show info of your choosing

Last edited:

Ubbe

While i like the Unidens better overall, i prefer the way the Whistlers do recording/playback.
Whistler has some good points, the recording functions, individual settings for each frequency and TG, loudspeaker audio quality, discriminator out jack, no fuzz programming of trunked systems. But probably most of the rest are of lower standards than Unidens scanners.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.