SDS 200 Complete Signal Loss until power cycled

Status
Not open for further replies.

jm32935

Premium Subscriber
Just received my SDS 200 and after a few hours of scanning, complete loss of signal. Checked external antenna with another scanner so it's not the culprit.

If I cycle the power, signal comes back.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this phenomenon

K8EAA

Premium Subscriber
If it's still scanning normally with no signal indication, I had the same problem and it turned out to be a corrupt SD card. Format and clear "user data" then reload you FLs again

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
I have had a 200 scanning away and out of the blue, get the nothing to scan error....
Checking the FLs - they were enabled properly.

Has happened twice - 1st time a power cycle did it.
The other, an SD re-load was needed

rsgorman

Premium Subscriber
My SD200 did this yesterday. When I turned it on, it scanned as usual but had no signal. I turned it off and on, signal came back. I've had the scanner for about the year and this is the first time it did this.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
This may or may not fix the problem, but I would try a new SD card. Card problems can cause all kinds of weird non-intuitive glitches and malfunctions. I use Sandisk high endurance cards, and have never had the problem. (fingers crossed)

jm32935

Premium Subscriber
Turns out I did not set the clock and for some reason it would shut down the receive capabilities.

I have reset the clock and so far so good on scanning and reception.

Ubbe

It could be that it tried to do a recording and the time and date must then be in a proper format. So if you had never set the time it might have contained some illegal data that couldn't be used in a filename, and the software in the scanner got lost as it probably doesn't have any error trap for that kind of a fault.

/Ubbe

rcool101

Feed Provider
Got my 200 about 4 months ago. Loaded my Favorites in and got no signal bars or RSSI indicator. But I had audio and was receiving local system. Just no indicators. My 536 is 2 feet away and showing 5 bars. Finally about a week later started messing with the filters. Turned filter off. Bam... 5 bars and mid 80s RSSI. Hasn't missed a beat since. I can change filters now and still OK

Status
Not open for further replies.