SDS 200 Display Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Hello. Can anyone tell me how to put the SDS 200 back light on ALL the time, not just when receiving a transmission? I've scoured the manual, and below is the only thing I get.

External Power Backlight On = Always turn on backlight when external power is present. (Page 35)

There actually is no such setting, unless there has been a software update. Any info appreciated. Thanks. Greg

LS101

press the volume button/light 1 time low 2 times med 3 times high should stay on if you press the 4th time it shuts off and then it comes back on when some one talks then back out.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Hello. Can anyone tell me how to put the SDS 200 back light on ALL the time, not just when receiving a transmission? I've scoured the manual, and below is the only thing I get.

External Power Backlight On = Always turn on backlight when external power is present. (Page 35)

There actually is no such setting, unless there has been a software update. Any info appreciated. Thanks. Greg

If you want the display to be continuously lit do the following;

go into Menu by pushing the squelch knob. Scroll down to Display Options and press the big knob on the left side of the display. Select Backlight Options and press the big knob again. Select Set Timer and press the big knob again. You will see two choices. Scroll to the Keypress option and press the big knob again. Scrolldown to Infinite and press the big knob one last time. Now, back out of the Menu by pressing the squelch knob as many times as it takes to get back to the display screen.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Thank you all gentlemen above. I knew there would be just one key needing to be pressed, but thought I went thru all of them. Obviously not.

Again..thanks for the help. Have a safe day. Greg

YoShep69

Premium Subscriber
Now, back out of the Menu by pressing the squelch knob as many times as it takes to get back to the display screen.

Or, press AVOID once.

This was posted some time ago. Are there any other "hidden secret" key presses?

Yo

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Or, press AVOID once.

This was posted some time ago. Are there any other "hidden secret" key presses?

Yo

Possibly, but they are all Hidden Secrets..lol. Actually there are, I would simply do a search for the topic. I've seen them before but do not have the file anymore. Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.