SDS 200 - Favorite List Systems enabled at startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldRabbit

Have an issue I can not solve from the documentation.

I have a favorite list with about 10 systems - assigned System Quick Key keys 1-9 (a couple of systems share a key)

Whenever I have done a Scanner write using Proscan (Send MSM command, write, return to scan) - only systems 1-4 are enabled. I have to manually enable the remaining systems.

How do you set which systems should be enabled after a write operation ?

Interestingly, all lists are enabled if I shutdown/start the scanner

Reconrider

Are the systems turned on in the settings for monitoring them? I only ever have 2 things on at a time that’s why I’m asking

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Check the quick key settings in Sentinel. If they are turned off in the favorite list settings, you will have to turn them on in the scanner after every write.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I would recommend you read the scanner in PROSCAN save your settings if all are turned on when you save they will all be turrned on the next time you send to the scanner.
DO NOT FORGET TO SAVE IN PROSCAN AFTER READING THE SCANNER.

Ubbe

Whenever I have done a Scanner write using Proscan (Send MSM command, write, return to scan) - only systems 1-4 are enabled. I have to manually enable the remaining systems....Interestingly, all lists are enabled if I shutdown/start the scanner
The MSM command are for temporary go to mass storage mode, during a time you specify, to be able to read or program the SD card and after that time it will revert back to serial mode. It should not mess with any settings if you didn't do anything else besides sending the MSM command.

It probably haven't been used by many and not been tested enough and could very well have some bugs. Can you see on the display if it saves to SD card before going into mass storage mode, as it must do, so that your current setup are saved?

/Ubbe

OldRabbit

The sequence:
1. Send MSM, Read from scanner
2. Save from ProScan
3. Change channel description for a channel
4. Send MSM, Write to scanner

Appearred to solve it. I likely missed step 2 earlier. What bugs me is - I can not spot the setting in ProScan where it shows if a given SQK is enabled. No systems are on 'Avoid'.

Thanks for the assistance.

OldRabbit

Avoids and quick keys are totally separate.
I know - was just stating this in case someone suggested I had avoid on.
Anyone who can spot the enable/disable system Quick Key in Proscan ? - perhaps it is not shown in the GUI ?...

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
It probably haven't been used by many and not been tested enough and could very well have some bugs. Can you see on the display if it saves to SD card before going into mass storage mode, as it must do, so that your current setup are saved?

/Ubbe

Have you used ProScan? I have no idea what you mean here. From my experience ProScan has worked exactly like it's supposed to. If you don't have the favorites set to "monitor" they won't be enabled when you write to the scanner.

As others have said, get the scanner working the way you want & then read the scanner with ProScan then SAVE the profile in Proscan. From that point forward anything you write it will remain the same (until you change it).

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I know - was just stating this in case someone suggested I had avoid on.
Anyone who can spot the enable/disable system Quick Key in Proscan ? - perhaps it is not shown in the GUI ?...
Click the Favorites node on the left side then you should the System Quick Key Status in the tab. Hover the mouse over the check boxes and the system/s assigned to each check box will show below the check boxes.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The MSM command are for temporary go to mass storage mode, during a time you specify, to be able to read or program the SD card and after that time it will revert back to serial mode. It should not mess with any settings if you didn't do anything else besides sending the MSM command.

/Ubbe

This has been time tested and no issues in this area. If the scanner doesn't go into MSM is because of operator error.

Ubbe

I have no idea what you mean here.
It could be a bit difficult for some people to understand how the scanner works. All the changes you do directly on the scanners frontpanel are mostly not stored on the SD card and only remains in RAM memory. Whenever you turn off the scanner or let it go to mass storage mode, it saves all the changes you have done to the SD card. It also saves the current state of the scanner, where in the scan cycle it was and all other current status to two files on the SD card, app_data.cfg and profile.cfg

If the scanner cannot save to those two files, maybe the power where interupted or the MSM command did not work as it should, then after it leaves mass storage mode or are powered on, it will use old data from the last save it managed to do to those two files and you might be puzzled by why the settings have suddenly changed.

/Ubbe

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Have you used ProScan? I have no idea what you mean here. From my experience ProScan has worked exactly like it's supposed to. If you don't have the favorites set to "monitor" they won't be enabled when you write to the scanner.

As others have said, get the scanner working the way you want & then read the scanner with ProScan then SAVE the profile in Proscan. From that point forward anything you write it will remain the same (until you change it).
I have Proscan and have set all my favorites but how do you set the favorites to "monitor" so they'll be enabled when I write to the scanner? I can't find any option for "monitor".

Reconrider

I have Proscan and have set all my favorites but how do you set the favorites to "monitor" so they'll be enabled when I write to the scanner? I can't find any option for "monitor".
Click the favorite name. Actually, here's a picture you can go by. Much easier than text Screenshot

Reconrider

OK I got it. Apparently "Favorites" for sds200 is a different file than the "Proscan database file" I have set up for conventional freqs.
Import from RR. Click file > import from RR. Favorites IS the database for proscan. If you mean the full db, I think only sentinel and can upload it to the scanner. Favorites list has systems then depts. You can put trunk and conv in a favorite list.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Import from RR. Click file > import from RR. Favorites IS the database for proscan. If you mean the full db, I think only sentinel and can upload it to the scanner. Favorites list has systems then depts. You can put trunk and conv in a favorite list.
I had previously been using Sentinel to program my SDS200 but I thought I would give Proscan a try since it was much easier to deal with the conventional frequency lists I have. OK I understand now....the "regular" database files are for conventional and "Favorites" is the database files for Trunked. I never tried to put conventional lists as Favorites before. But I only use the SDS200 for 1 Motorola and 1 P25 system. I have 2 other radios used for all conventional stuff.

Reconrider

I had previously been using Sentinel to program my SDS200 but I thought I would give Proscan a try since it was much easier to deal with the conventional frequency lists I have. OK I understand now....the "regular" database files are for conventional and "Favorites" is the database files for Trunked. I never tried to put conventional lists as Favorites before. But I only use the SDS200 for 1 Motorola and 1 P25 system. I have 2 other radios used for all conventional stuff.
I think you're confused a little.
Favorites holds everything you want to listen to. Systems will let you have different categories (trunk / conv) and depts is what holds the info to scan for.

Here's a picture of what mine looks like that's mixed - Screenshot

The dept consists of talkgroups, unit IDs and conventional frequencys/tones

Status
Not open for further replies.