SDS 200 file for Lake County In.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LS101

Is there anyone willing to share there file for the sds200 been try to use the sentile program but not having much luck, i thing if i could get a file to upload in the program and see how its laid out i might be able to get the hang of it. Any help would be apperciated.!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Any file someone sends you will look just like the database when you open it, minus the country/state/county hierarchy levels. Systems containing Departments (and Sites if trunked), and Departments containing channels.

LS101

OK i didn't know that, i thought mabey I could just upload to program and all would show up. Must not be like freescan, some one a few years back sent me one of theres for my 996P2 and it loaded up in program and i was able to see if i was doing it right. I appreciate you letting me know. just have keep watching more youtubes!!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The database in Sentinel most likely already has everything in it you'd ever want to scan. At least if you've updated it. Start with that, look at how things are organized there, then start thinking about favorite lists.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Is there anyone willing to share there file for the sds200 been try to use the sentile program but not having much luck, i thing if i could get a file to upload in the program and see how its laid out i might be able to get the hang of it. Any help would be apperciated.!

Convert to hpe file and import.

**Updated it to include all of Lake County departments**

Attachments

• Lake County, IN.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

LS101

Convert to hpe file and import.

**Updated it to include all of Lake County departments**
Thanks that file did work for me uploaded into program and i can see how you have it set up with the quick keys and all ,just trying now to see if i can do it on my own the way you did it. the only problem i have been having is my setup dosn,t look like yours, for example i make the favorite start off with Cedar Lake it makes a state system then i add the dyer town and it makes a county system so from there on any thing i add going down your list it puts it either in the county or states system i dont have just a long continus list like yours of towns then at the end the 2 with the county and state frequency.Looks like i am making 2 seperate systems. Will get it figured out i hope.
Again thanks for the trouble you took to make this for me, Thanks

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Thanks that file did work for me uploaded into program and i can see how you have it set up with the quick keys and all ,just trying now to see if i can do it on my own the way you did it. the only problem i have been having is my setup dosn,t look like yours, for example i make the favorite start off with Cedar Lake it makes a state system then i add the dyer town and it makes a county system so from there on any thing i add going down your list it puts it either in the county or states system i dont have just a long continus list like yours of towns then at the end the 2 with the county and state frequency.Looks like i am making 2 seperate systems. Will get it figured out i hope.
Again thanks for the trouble you took to make this for me, Thanks

You can delete departments or arrange them in an order you like by changing department quick keys, or delete departments or.....the choices are endless.

mmfinkler

Premium Subscriber
Hello thank you for the file werinshades.

Just got my sds100 yesterday and have uploaded the file to the radio but it returns no radio traffic.

I feel like there is a setting I am forgetting to activate.
Any Suggestions? I am in NWI munster

Thanks again.

tvengr

Well Known Member
In your profile editor, go to the Service Types tab and make sure all of the service types are enabled. Also make sure that download and monitor are both turned on for the favorites list in the profile.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

Just got my sds100 yesterday and have uploaded the file to the radio but it returns no radio traffic.

Thanks again.
In your profile editor, go to the Service Types tab and make sure all of the service types are enabled. Also make sure that download and monitor are both turned on for the favorites list in the profile.

As he said.. :giggle:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

Thanks again.

Munster? I thought you asked me for Cedar Lake? That's an entirely different file I'd need to create.

Attachments

• Munster, IN.zip
    746 bytes · Views: 4

Ed6698

Cedar Lake and Munster are on 2 different systems, Cedar Lake is on the state's SAFE-T Phase I system. Munster is on the Lake County Phase II system. If both systems are not fully added in both there will be a lot of traffic missed. I always use 2 scanners to follow both systems separately and still miss calls. With as busy as it has been lately I probably could use a couple more scanners. All I add is main CC into both scanners, over the past years neither has changed CC yet ever, but not saying it could never happen.

mmfinkler

Premium Subscriber
thanks I did this and am getting traffic now

Last edited by a moderator:

LS101

Dyer, St John and Lowell are all on one channel Lake County Phase II system. which ever one you want to listen to you have put up with the other two.

mmfinkler

Premium Subscriber
County Police Dispatch 1 (St John/Dyer/Lowell)-23AnyLaw Dispatch2secOffOff0NoneOff
still having no luck with this channel.

LS101

should be able to hear them i have no problem with none of them, if i recall someone eles posted on hear and they couldnt hear them either and they live in Dyer, so i dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.