SDS 200 for Broadcastify feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgowen44

Feed Provider
Hello all,

I just received my SDS200 today yay! General question.. Can the SDS200 be used standalone for a feed? I thought I was reading somewhere that it could be. Thanks in advance!

Kevin G

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Seems like an awfully expensive scanner to dedicate to a feed. But hey, if you can afford it, sure, why not?

If you are feeding a simulcast system, then it is the right tool for the job. You can always listen to the scanner yourself live while it is being used as a feed.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
If you are feeding a simulcast system, then it is the right tool for the job. You can always listen to the scanner yourself live while it is being used as a feed.

True dat... but if you want to listen to TGs that might not be allowed by the terms of service, then you have to dedicate a scanner to the feed. Just my $0.02.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
I used mine for my feed until I realized I could do the same thing with a Raspberry Pi, an SDR, and OP25 for only about $125.

kgowen44

Feed Provider
Hi all,
I currently have a Broadcastify feed and would like to use the SDS200 for it. The scanner will of course be able to be used for regular listening as well as I would never use this scanner for feed only purposes. What I am looking for is a tutorial on how to set it up. I know the Ethernet feature allows for audio pass through, however, I am wondering how it connect to the PC. I have read that PROSCAN (Radio Feed) is the best option as far as software as concern. Does the scanner connect to the PC using the Micro USB or the USB A connector? I have not ventured into the Raspberry Pi, however, may consider that in the future. Any help/links would be appreciated. I have checked Youtube and searched around with no luck.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi all,
I currently have a Broadcastify feed and would like to use the SDS200 for it. The scanner will of course be able to be used for regular listening as well as I would never use this scanner for feed only purposes. What I am looking for is a tutorial on how to set it up. I know the Ethernet feature allows for audio pass through, however, I am wondering how it connect to the PC. I have read that PROSCAN (Radio Feed) is the best option as far as software as concern. Does the scanner connect to the PC using the Micro USB or the USB A connector? I have not ventured into the Raspberry Pi, however, may consider that in the future. Any help/links would be appreciated. I have checked Youtube and searched around with no luck.

Using my free RadioFeed or paid ProScan with the SDS200 LAN connects with an Ethernet cable connected to your router.

Very basic steps are:
1. Set up RadioFeed or ProScan to communicate with the scanner.
1a. Set the scanner type to SDS200.
1b. Set the Comm. Port to URL then click the URL Setup button. Enter in the scanner IP address. The scanner LAN Settings needs to be setup beforehand.
1c. Select the audio Source Client tab then click the URL Setup button . Enter in the scanner IP address.
1d. Once RadioFeed or ProScan is communicating with the scanner, go to step 2.

2. Setup RadioFeed or ProScan to communicate with the Broadcastify server.
2a. Go to the Source Client tab then choose Broadcastify for the Server Type.
2b. Click the Broadcastify Auto Config. button. Enter in user name & password. Hit the connect button. Hit the Set button.
2c. Click the Connect button.

kgowen44

Feed Provider
Using my free RadioFeed or paid ProScan with the SDS200 LAN connects with an Ethernet cable connected to your router.

Very basic steps are:
1. Set up RadioFeed or ProScan to communicate with the scanner.
1a. Set the scanner type to SDS200.
1b. Set the Comm. Port to URL then click the URL Setup button. Enter in the scanner IP address. The scanner LAN Settings needs to be setup beforehand.
1c. Select the audio Source Client tab then click the URL Setup button . Enter in the scanner IP address.
1d. Once RadioFeed or ProScan is communicating with the scanner, go to step 2.

2. Setup RadioFeed or ProScan to communicate with the Broadcastify server.
2a. Go to the Source Client tab then choose Broadcastify for the Server Type.
2b. Click the Broadcastify Auto Config. button. Enter in user name & password. Hit the connect button. Hit the Set button.
2c. Click the Connect button.
OK, but I guess I am missing something.. How does the scanner connect to the computer? I realize the Ethernet goes to the router, but how does the scanner connect to the computer?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
OK, but I guess I am missing something.. How does the scanner connect to the computer? I realize the Ethernet goes to the router, but how does the scanner connect to the computer?

The scanner LAN (Ethernet) port connects to the router. No other scanner connections needed. Did that answer your question?
{edit} Your computer is already connected to the router. Correct?

kgowen44

Feed Provider
Hi there...

Yea, sort of I am just wondering how I use the proscan software... Is it used on a PC or does it get installed anywhere? Im so sorry but Im just sort of confused ARGH

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi there...

Yea, sort of I am just wondering how I use the proscan software... Is it used on a PC or does it get installed anywhere? Im so sorry but Im just sort of confused ARGH
ProScan and RadioFeed runs on Windows OS.

kgowen44

Feed Provider
ok... good so Im not completely out of it... So, does the scanner connect to the computer at all? I know know is connect to the router.... But does it need to connect to the pc running radiofeed to work? Thanks again!!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
does the scanner connect to the computer at all? I
Not directly but through the router. If your computer is connected to a router and your scanner is connected to your router then ProScan installed on your computer should be able to communicate with the scanner.

takedownman5150

Premium Subscriber
I am thinking the cable used from the radio earphone jack to usb on the computer..I use an adapter that turns the radio earphone jack into a sound card via a usb port on the computer....Just got my 200 yesterday and had the same questions.....using a 996p2 for my feed now but this new radio is fantastic.

kgowen44

Feed Provider
ok, I got it... So the router does all the work... One more question... I have 2 feeds.... If I had a 2nd SDS 200, would I be able to have a 2nd feed running? Or, would I need a 2nd pc.. Currently, my scanners are connected using soundcards and using old BCt246T handhelds. Thanks for the imput

kgowen44

Feed Provider
I am thinking the cable used from the radio earphone jack to usb on the computer..I use an adapter that turns the radio earphone jack into a sound card via a usb port on the computer....Just got my 200 yesterday and had the same questions.....using a 996p2 for my feed now but this new radio is fantastic.
Yea, love my 200 so far. Im just trying to improve my feed as it has a bunch of background.. Also, im using a really old PC which may be an issue as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.