SDS 200 for Westbrook, ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricp

Is there anyone who has programmed their SDS200 for the Westbrook, ME Fire DMR system?
If so, can I get you .hpd & .hpi files
Thanks
This has been a frustrating experience
Ric

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Have you tried ZIP code scanning from the database? Did that work?

garys

Premium Subscriber
Are you trying to program both frequencies and all four TGs?

If so, you'll have to program two single frequency (DMR one frequency) sytems. One for 154.3700 and one for 155.2800. Then you can enter the two TGs for each frequency.

If you just enter the two frequencies as conventional channels, you won't be able to control what you listen to.

It's kind of annoying trying to figure out what you're hearing if you don't build them as two different one frequency systems.

Since the police use only one TG on their frequency (so far) you can program that in as a conventional frequency.

If I lived up there there, I'd create a separate Favorite List just for Westbrook. As it is, I'll probably just program them in as conventional frequencies since I don't get up that way more than maybe once a year.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Nope. You can enter multiple sites for a OFT system, and multiple frequencies for each site.

Create one system, enter both frequencies, and all of the talkgroups. Two systems requires unnecessarily entering all the talkgroups twice.

garys

Premium Subscriber
So you can. Rather counter intuitive way to do it, but it should work.

I set it up as a three site system and put all of the TGs in one department.

Last edited:

ricp

Thanks for all the input/suggestions. trying to get this up for a friend.
Two Questions:
Of the suggestions, have they all been tried and successful for Westbrook? And from what location?
Does anyone know if they are using any fancy intercoinnected MotoTrbo at the 4 licensed sites? And does that affect scanning?
Thanks
Ric

ricp

Are you trying to program both frequencies and all four TGs?

If so, you'll have to program two single frequency (DMR one frequency) sytems. One for 154.3700 and one for 155.2800. Then you can enter the two TGs for each frequency.

If you just enter the two frequencies as conventional channels, you won't be able to control what you listen to.

It's kind of annoying trying to figure out what you're hearing if you don't build them as two different one frequency systems.

Since the police use only one TG on their frequency (so far) you can program that in as a conventional frequency.

If I lived up there there, I'd create a separate Favorite List just for Westbrook. As it is, I'll probably just program them in as conventional frequencies since I don't get up that way more than maybe once a year.

I now have the two systems, one for each freq and evaluating how it is doing. I do want control by TG so this should work.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Let us know how it works for you. I've set up a couple of OFT systems, but only with one site per system.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Site setup should follow actual transmitter locations. If all frequencies are broadcast from the same tower, have a single site with multiple frequencies. If the transmitters are in multiple locations, program additional sites accordingly.

ricp

Site setup should follow actual transmitter locations. If all frequencies are broadcast from the same tower, have a single site with multiple frequencies. If the transmitters are in multiple locations, program additional sites accordingly.

Jon,
The system is licensed for 4 sites on each of the two fire frequencies. I know trunking does simulcast, but I have no idea what the MotoTrbo with 3 varieties of interconnected sites for coverage does, and how that affects scanning. There are 4 sites within the city. But I don't know how to differentiate sites with the same freq and CC.
My friend is 30 or so miles away, but on a 50+ foot hill with an 80' tower and super station master VHF on top and a preamp feeding the SDS200.
Another friend uses a 996P2 working fine, but he is in the immediate area.
I can't receive this from my home so I use the VNC remote to look at it, but to change sysem parameters means a drive to his site etc..
Thanks for nay thoughts
Ric

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
License info will tell you which frequencies are licensed at each location. Start there.

Status
Not open for further replies.